Are Mike Lombardi and Peter King trying to downgrade Tua for the benefit of the Patriots?

turftoe

These GM’s are paid millions of dollars, have multi-million dollar scouting departments, have been talking about these guys for months and you think all of a sudden their opinion is going to change because Peter King says he is no good?! Wow, just wow 

28 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

This thread is a joke right.  Lombardi and King are doing BB’s leg work.  Seriously?

Guys, enough with the conspiracy theory stuff.  Peter King would never ruin his integrity over something so silly.  He has tight ties throughout the league.

King is a good journalist and isn't doing BB's leg work. I don't question his integrity. He is mocking Tua to the Patriots and at the same time pointing out Tua's flaws. Maybe it's wishful thinking on his part so that his prediction comes true.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t get the point.  Dumb Kelly and Marino can be HOFers but dumb Tua can’t be a good player? 

Dumb people can't understand different eras.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dumb people can’t defend their point.

I've defended it ... again ... for years.  With real data.  I know you're not dumb.  And I know you remember.  Hint:  "Since 2000."

2 hours ago, turftoe said:

Mike Lombardi, a Bill Belichick disciple, has taken to the airwaves calling Tua brittle and not a top QB. Could the evil empire and Darth Belichick have anything to do with this? Lombardi seems a bit defensive when asked that question. Peter King, who follows the Patriots closely predicts that Tua will drop into the range that NE trades up for him. 

Lombardi

King

2 hours ago, DFT said:

Not only that but rumor is they both started the coronavirus, killed JR and stole George’s raisins!!!!!

Krafty only imported the virus on his plane. 

The other thing is a possibility.  They push him down to show they are right about their evaluations of him and to help their master.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I've defended it ... again ... for years.  With real data.  I know you're not dumb.  And I know you remember.  Hint:  "Since 2000."

I literally don’t remember this.  And he went to a college in Alabama For football.  I would be shocked if he scored high.  I don’t remember hearing any issues of his intelligence once he became the starter.  I’d be more worried about his injuries.

and Kelly isn’t smart but football intelligence is so different.  I know idiots who could barely read who were savants with a playbook.  

There is no way possible that Mike Lombardi, Peter King, or any other media pundit can downgrade or upgrade any prospect in the eyes of any team. The book on Tua has been written. It’s just a question of comfort level for any team considering him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

There is no way possible that Mike Lombardi, Peter King, or any other media pundit can downgrade or upgrade any prospect in the eyes of any team. The book on Tua has been written. It’s just a question of comfort level for any team considering him. 

Probably true but Lombardi's opinion does carry some weight due to his previous GM work. He was also one of the few guys who had lamar Jackson over all the other first round qbs in 2018. People do value his opinions. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Good.  He's damaged goods and got a 13 on the Wonderlic.  I hope the Pats give up the farm for him.

I heard Belichick gave him a bad cheat sheet on purpose. Where there’s smoke......

1 minute ago, turftoe said:

Probably true but Lombardi's opinion does carry some weight due to his previous GM work. He was also one of the few guys who had lamar Jackson over all the other first round qbs in 2018. People do value his opinions. 

Oh, it’s definitely true. Mike Lombardi is simply not privy to the thousands of man hours invested in the scouting process over the last year. Regardless of his previous NFL experience, If any current GM or other personnel evaluator takes his word on a prospect over their own hard work and due diligence, then those teams are in world of idiocy.