Are Mike Lombardi and Peter King trying to downgrade Tua for the benefit of the Patriots?

turftoe

Mike Lombardi, a Bill Belichick disciple, has taken to the airwaves calling Tua brittle and not a top QB. Could the evil empire and Darth Belichick have anything to do with this? Lombardi seems a bit defensive when asked that question. Peter King, who follows the Patriots closely predicts that Tua will drop into the range that NE trades up for him. 

Lombardi

King

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ll take tin foil for 1000 Alex..., ooh, it’s the daily double...

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I find the notion laughable, frankly.

Laughable that Peter King would try to influence the draft in some way and laughable that any NFL GM’s draft day decision making would actually be influenced by two journalists.

I DO think Tua May fall and I DO think the Pats may draft him, but neither possibility has anything to do with King or Lombardi.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Mike Lombardi, a Bill Belichick disciple, has taken to the airwaves calling Tua brittle and not a top QB. Could the evil empire and Darth Belichick have anything to do with this? Lombardi seems a bit defensive when asked that question. Peter King, who follows the Patriots closely predicts that Tua will drop into the range that NE trades up for him. 

Lombardi

King

Peter King follows the Patriots closely? Are you sure???

Conspiracy!

12 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Lombardi

King

It's time to read a book. Preferably one not written by Alex Jones. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DFT said:

Not only that but rumor is they both started the coronavirus, killed JR and stole George’s raisins!!!!!

Haha - I was going to say they started the C Virus. 

Yes all teams draft based on P King and Lombardi...

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Lombardi

King

My very first thought upon reading Mike Lombardi’s Tweet was exactly that.  Notable thing to consider here:

- He has been an amoral, back stabbing liar his whole career in football.  I’ve only known him to tell the truth when it suits him and he’s working an angle or trying to prop himself up.

- He has recently (and maybe currently?) worked for BB as a consultant.

- His son is currently on BB’s staff.

So, yeah, Lombardi is putting out BS to help BB get his QB.  Also I can say for a fact that the Patriots are actively trying to find a trade partner to move up into the top 10. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 2

Lombardi could very well be spreading stuff on behalf of Belichek. Way too many connections going back, for that not to be a possibility.

Peter King - highly unlikely.

Tua does qualify as 'fragile' with his injury history, but they haven't exactly been the sorts of minor sprains, aches and pains that keep someone out of games. Fragile he may be, but it would seem he's got the right 'tough' attitude to how they've occurred, in that it's because he plays football, and not tiddleywinks.

Now, is he 'injury prone'? That might be a different argument.

Certainly if I was thinking of drafting him, I'd be looking very closely at how he has been injured, and his subsequent recovery(s).

15 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Lombardi could very well be spreading stuff on behalf of Belichek. Way too many connections going back, for that not to be a possibility.

Peter King - highly unlikely.

Tua does qualify as 'fragile' with his injury history, but they haven't exactly been the sorts of minor sprains, aches and pains that keep someone out of games. Fragile he may be, but it would seem he's got the right 'tough' attitude to how they've occurred, in that it's because he plays football, and not tiddleywinks.

Now, is he 'injury prone'? That might be a different argument.

Certainly if I was thinking of drafting him, I'd be looking very closely at how he has been injured, and his subsequent recovery(s).

And then avoid at all cost. Availability is the best Ability a Football player can have 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I find the notion laughable, frankly.

Laughable that Peter King would try to influence the draft in some way and laughable that any NFL GM’s draft day decision making would actually be influenced by two journalists.

I DO think Tua May fall and I DO think the Pats may draft him, but neither possibility has anything to do with King or Lombardi.

Quit reflecting your user name. Don’t you know where you are? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, turftoe said:

Lombardi

King

Good.  He's damaged goods and got a 13 on the Wonderlic.  I hope the Pats give up the farm for him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, turftoe said:

Lombardi

King

and you think other scouts and GMs look to these guys for evaluations.... Peter King is a writer