Gronk interested in coming back..to Tampa Update: Traded!

Rubes

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

What a shot in the arm this offseason has been for Tampa. Going from playing in empty stadiums to selling out and being a potential Super Bowl contender.

Eh I'm not buying in. Brady was looking worn down by the end of last season. I think he will hold them back, crazy as that feels to say. I'm not a fan of trading picks for one year rentals especially when there is a 0% chance of getting a comp pick back. This is a trade that will help sell tickets more than it will help win games. JMO

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

The Bucs D finished 29th last year. The only impact player on that side of ball I see they added is Suh. As good as Brady has been let's not forget he played with the leagues best D last year. 

Suh was on the team last year and Football Outsiders had them as a top 5-10 defense last season.

I don't personally have much faith in the defense actually being great, but the people suggesting they're legitimate title contenders would say the results were already there last season; just happened to have a QB that handed a ton of points to the other team to make them look bad.

Bummer, Pats* get a fairly early 4th for a late 7th, in effect. Gronk wasn’t playing in Fort Foxboro anyway. Did he retire just to get away from BB??? Probably a combo of reasons. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Wow I really didn’t think that would happen. And to be honest really doesn’t make any sense for the Bucs. But hey guess you gotta make Tommy Happy. 

Which will be fine if the win. But if they don't live up to expectations...

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Trade what?  Buffalo doesn't have the picks.

We don't have the picks? We have 7 picks this draft what are you talking about lol. Howard isn't going for a 1st, likely a 3rd-4th, and I would do it in a heartbeat.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wow I really didn’t think that would happen. And to be honest really doesn’t make any sense for the Bucs. But hey guess you gotta make Tommy Happy. 

??? OJ Howard sucks.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Btw there is a dog on Twitter (he ends all of his nfl Insider tweets with “bark bark”) who has had this Gronk to Tampa news for weeks

2020 is so weird 

It’s a Barstool account.

13 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Daniel Jeremiah tweeted that 1st round swap out lol. Insanity.

What a shot in the arm this offseason has been for Tampa. Going from playing in empty stadiums to selling out and being a potential Super Bowl contender.

Unfortunately, there's a good chance Tampa (and all other teams) will be playing in an empty stadium again this year....

Watching the two largest Patriot fan heros plot their way out of NE makes me really happpy.  They did that to us for the past 20 years.  Hahaha.  In Bill they trust?  Or Bill they tar and feather.  After "Last Dance" is Bill both parts Krause and Jackson at the same time?

• Like (+1) 2