I agree with this philosophy and Bills should absolutely be looking at QBs

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Time to start getting into the QB flipping Business

Since 1992, the Packers have had 2 starting QBs, only one of whom they drafted.  What "template" is this guy referring to?  Matt Flynn (FA)?  Brent Huntley (cost a 5th, got a 6th)? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Since 1992, the Packers have had 2 starting QBs, only one of whom they drafted.  What "template" is this guy referring to?  Matt Flynn (FA)?  Brent Huntley (cost a 5th, got a 6th)? 

I think he is just hanging his hat on the Farve, Rogers thing.  The better comparison would have been the Patriots QB flipping mentality.  Either way that is where I want the Bills getting to, easiest way to get draft assets is flipping QBs

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell, and Ty Detmer all of which went on to be starters in the league one making it to the HOF

Edited by Ethan in Portland

I would fully be on board taking a Hurts, Fromm, Eason etc if they are there in the 4th, develop them, showcase them in Preseason going into the next seasons and flip them in a heart beat.  Take a QB in the 4th, flip him in a couple years for a 1st and more

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I think he is just hanging his hat on the Farve, Rogers thing.  The better comparison would have been the Patriots QB flipping mentality.  Either way that is where I want the Bills getting to, easiest way to get draft assets is flipping QBs

Packers don't flip QBs.  That's the point.  The Bills have flipped as many recently (Cardale Jones?).

As for drafting QBs just to flip them---that's a bit unrealistic.  Jimmy G wasn't drafted for that.  And drafting a backup to your young emerging franchise QB makes it extremely unlikely that your low drafted rookie backup will develop trade value for more picks any time soon.

Better drafting backups to be the backup. If flipping was an actual thing, they would draft one this year and "flip" Barkley who should have more value right now than his replacement.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would fully be on board taking a Hurts, Fromm, Eason etc if they are there in the 4th, develop them, showcase them in Preseason going into the next seasons and flip them in a heart beat.  Take a QB in the 4th, flip him in a couple years for a 1st and more

Agree on all three of these guys. I might order Eason, Hurts, and then Fromm but I would take any in the 4th round

This is the year to draft another QB. There are so few roster spots up for grabs.  I'd be fine if the only draft 5 guys and trade away a pick

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This is a meme to end all meme’s.

Since 2011, the Pats drafted:

-Ryan Mallett, pick 74. “Flippped” for a conditional SIXTH

-Jimmy G, pick 62. Flipped for pick 43

-Brissett, pick 91. Flipped for a WR with 800 yards in THREE SEASONS with the Pats.

This is the “peak” of this “strategy.” Lol

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I’m very hopeful Fromm falls amid the bad year and athletic concerns.  Somebody is going to get a good QB in him.

of course...  I’ve liked some truly awful prospects in my time as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This almost never happens.

Maybe we should draft multiple HoFers in the 6th and 7th rounds and flip them to every team for multiple firsts. This is a strategy, I am very smart.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This is a meme to end all meme’s.

Since 2011, the Pats drafted:

-Ryan Mallett, pick 74. “Flippped” for a conditional SIXTH

-Jimmy G, pick 62. Flipped for pick 43

-Brissett, pick 91. Flipped for a WR with 800 yards in THREE SEASONS with the Pats.

This is the “peak” of this “strategy.” Lol

QFT... nice post