Apparently the 49’ers are looking to move Tevin Coleman. Any interest.

10 minutes ago, papazoid said:

49'ers looking to trade #31 (600 pts)  

bills #54 (360) & #86 (160) = (520)

Take it or leave it 49ers. Play a little hard ball ha.

8 minutes ago, akcash said:

Take it or leave it 49ers. Play a little hard ball ha.

"And we want David ****damn Putney just because I feel Like it". 

"Cmon Lynch you push up doing MFer."

(silence)

mftsnr4yhg1sayq5uj8x.jpg

Edited by akcash

9 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Honestly I don’t really know enough about him to weigh in. If so the 49’ers are looking to upgrade their OL, especially the G position. If that’s accurate I’m sure the Bills have enough late rd picks and a surplus at the G position to be able to offer up a package for Coleman if they have any interest in him. Thoughts?

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/could-the-49ers-draft-a-guard

not bad. I would call and see what it would take. It would be about a 3M cap hit on the final year of his deal. 

however he also is similar skill set to Singletary so if you are looking more for that bruiser power back this isn’t him. 

also he does get hurt a lot it seems. But for 3M cap hit send one of our Glut of OGs that we have. 

like a Spencer Long for a Tevin Coleman 

9 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

They’re looking to trade everyone! 

got to wonder how upside down the Niners are on their contracts...

I mean... Breida, Mostert, Mckinnon, Coleman, Juszyck.  Thats a lot of backs.  None of them are on rookie deals either.  

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

not bad. I would call and see what it would take. It would be about a 3M cap hit on the final year of his deal. 

however he also is similar skill set to Singletary so if you are looking more for that bruiser power back this isn’t him. 

also he does get hurt a lot it seems. But for 3M cap hit send one of our Glut of OGs that we have. 

like a Spencer Long for a Tevin Coleman 

With Fournette on the block at a 4 million dollar hit - you have to wonder what the market looks like for both players.

Loved Coleman coming out of Indiana but not someone I'd like the Bills to pursue at this point in his career.   Misses too much time, and isn't dynamic enough to warrant trading a pick anymore.  

If the Bills were to look into trading for a player I would want them to be head and shoulders better than Yeldon, and while I think Coleman is better than Yeldon I dont think its enough of a gap to warrant trading a pick.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Honestly I don’t really know enough about him to weigh in. If so the 49’ers are looking to upgrade their OL, especially the G position. If that’s accurate I’m sure the Bills have enough late rd picks and a surplus at the G position to be able to offer up a package for Coleman if they have any interest in him. Thoughts?

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/could-the-49ers-draft-a-guard

Did he ever play for the panthers?

SI absolutely bashes him. https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-should-cut-tevin-coleman 

I admit I haven't seen enough niners football to have a strong opinion. Consensus would seem to be that he's not good enough to warrant his starting status on that team. If stats are to be believed, he would seem to be a pretty good receiving RB. But, from what I'm reading, he doesn't seem like he'd be a great fit for the Bills.

Be that as it may, it sounds like it's unlikely they'll find a trade partner for him, and that the 49ers are going to end up cutting him anyway. If we were really interested, we'd probably get a better deal bidding on him after he's cut. But, I doubt Beane is interested.

• Like (+1) 1

Stop ? going ? after ? expensive ? veteran ? running backs ? with ? miles ? on ? them ?!

just draft a young cheap guy or wait until cuts to sign a guy on the cheap.  This instance on Mike Tolbert and Frank Gore is weird.  

27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am guessing this response is also applicable to any player coming up on the trade rumors

Haha, why would they say anything?  This is why I couldn’t be a reporter.  You asking a question knowing the answer before you ask it.  

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stop ? going ? after ? expensive ? veteran ? running backs ? with ? miles ? on ? them ?!

just draft a young cheap guy or wait until cuts to sign a guy on the cheap.  This instance on Mike Tolbert and Frank Gore is weird.  

Haha, why would they say anything?  This is why I couldn’t be a reporter.  You asking a question knowing the answer before you ask it.  

So you anticipate a trade before Thursday?

No thanks. you can consistently find good to great RBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. Coleman is not durable and he has played in a favorable offense.

I want a more dynamic 1-2 punch.

Grab JK Dobbins in round 2. Complete the offense with a guy who has the potential to go to the house every time he touches the ball, he runs with the vision, patience, speed and aggression you want to see from your RB. 10-15 touches a game for him to make sure he stays fresh.

Singletary will maintain the bulk of the load 15+ touches.

while watching his highlights his speed and vision are evident but I want you to focus on his ability to break arm tackles and shrug off tacklers with stiff arms.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

No thanks. you can consistently find good to great RBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft. Coleman is not durable and he has played in a favorable offense.

I want a more dynamic 1-2 punch.

Grab JK Dobbins in round 2. Complete the offense with a guy who has the potential to go to the house every time he touches the ball, he runs with the vision, patience, speed and aggression you want to see from your RB. 10-15 touches a game for him to make sure he stays fresh.

Singletary will maintain the bulk of the load 15+ touches.

while watching his highlights his speed and vision are evident but I want you to focus on his ability to break arm tackles and shrug off tacklers with stiff arms.

You can't guarantee Dobbins... or anyone really at pick 54.  The top 3 or 5 backs could get drafted.

They're saying we're focused on the draft because they don't know if its a position of need til post draft.  Also - if you could get devonta freeman for less money and no trade... its going to be hard to get anything for coleman.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

They should part with Bosa now and just get it over with:wub:

A radio caller in Buffalo: so I think we should trade Trent Murphy and a conditional 7th round pick for Bosa. Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, dneveu said:

You can't guarantee Dobbins... or anyone really at pick 54.  The top 3 or 5 backs could get drafted.

They're saying we're focused on the draft because they don't know if its a position of need til post draft.  Also - if you could get devonta freeman for less money and no trade... its going to be hard to get anything for coleman.  

Freeman would be interesting if the price was right.  He’s might to be in a time share.  He’s not built to be a workhorse. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

A radio caller in Buffalo: so I think we should trade Trent Murphy and a conditional 7th round pick for Bosa. Thoughts?

Freeman would be interesting if the price was right.  He’s might to be in a time share.  He’s not built to be a workhorse. 

Need to give him a physical with the injury history.  He sucked last year too, but how much of that can be oline etc.  Either way, draft first.  If it doesn't fall the way they want, he could be considered a fall-back option.  Hell, he might even be considered as an upgrade for Yeldon too.