Apparently the 49’ers are looking to move Tevin Coleman. Any interest.

Honestly I don’t really know enough about him to weigh in. If so the 49’ers are looking to upgrade their OL, especially the G position. If that’s accurate I’m sure the Bills have enough late rd picks and a surplus at the G position to be able to offer up a package for Coleman if they have any interest in him. Thoughts?

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/could-the-49ers-draft-a-guard

Coleman has had one or more knee injuries but played well when given the opportunity last season.  There are already better FA options available plus some really good talent in the draft.  Why give up draft picks when you don't have to?  I'd rather use the extra draft picks to move up for a better prospect in the draft.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'd rather draft a backup back. Besides, the 49ers will probably cut Coleman anyway. Also Coleman is on the books for almost $5million this year I believe. San Fran probably isn't going to find any takers for that.

Edited by Eddiegoofball
added info
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

They’re looking to trade everyone! 

got to wonder how upside down the Niners are on their contracts...

49'ers GM John Lynch attracted many players with massive contracts ever since he got there.

It's gotten to a point where it's come back to haunt them.

They had to trade Brentson Buckner, because they have so much money tied up in other big contracts.

Look at how much Garoppolo is making. Dee Ford & Tevin Coleman were not cheap signings from last season.

They have to dump these players with big contracts because eventually they have to pay guys like George Kittle, Deebo Samuel & Nick Bosa.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 1

No thanks due to pedestrian production at times.  Why not just draft a young guy with fresh legs.  I was listening toJordan Palmer Sunday on NFLR, and made some good points on Dillon out of Boston College.  He would be the perfect compliment to Singletary and a different type of Back.

17 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

No thanks due to pedestrian production at times.  Why not just draft a young guy with fresh legs.  I was listening toJordan Palmer Sunday on NFLR, and made some good points on Dillon out of Boston College.  He would be the perfect compliment to Singletary and a different type of Back.

I don't buy into the train of thought that the Bills need a hammer back to pair with Singletary. He was so, so good at navigating through piles last season and popping out the backside of a mess of players for an extra yard or three. 

His weakness is long speed. He's never going to break a 50+ yard TD unless the entire D trips over each other or something. I would rather see them pair him up with a guy like that instead of a between the tackles plugger.

If they don't want to go with a rookie, Fournette and Coleman both work. They aren't world beaters but they're UFA after the season which means you're trading a late round pick for a year of their service and then you can LIKELY recoup that pick via a compensatory selection when they sign elsewhere

Edited by JM57
  • Like (+1) 2