All Gunner's Draft stuff 2020 edition...

11 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Thanks for the hard work. I like Taylor as well but he has fumbled quite a bit more than the other top prospects.

Yea he has. But I have looked at them and I don't know that I see him as a fumbler so much as a guy who has had some fumbles. And he has a special attribute that I just don't see in the other guys. His vision is elite. The other three in that top group I like them all but I am not sure what any of them have that is a true elite trait. 

I know you have forgotten more than I know, but Higgins will go round 1.  Maybe Green Bay.  It makes it more interesting for me to go out on a limb?. Thanks for your depth on this.  Good read.

29 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I know you have forgotten more than I know, but Higgins will go round 1.  Maybe Green Bay.  It makes it more interesting for me to go out on a limb?. Thanks for your depth on this.  Good read.

I'd take Higgins round 1. Certainly before I'd take Justin freaking Jefferson round 1 anyway.... the grades are not predictions for where they will be picked.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd take Higgins round 1. Certainly before I'd take Justin freaking Jefferson round 1 anyway.... the grades are not predictions for where they will be picked.

Great read!  Thanks so much.  I'll be looking at this tonight.

Not that my opinion matters all that much...but...living in Clemsonland, I haven't been impressed with Tee Higgins.  Yes, he has a lot of numbers and the size and speed to be a solid NFL player, I've seen a few of his games and he seems to disappear in big games.   

Check out the stats against LSU and OSU versus UVA and South Carolina. 

image.thumb.png.947c1c3f0a5cc90858515a3930ecad04.png

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, inthebuff said:

Great read!  Thanks so much.  I'll be looking at this tonight.

Not that my opinion matters all that much...but...living in Clemsonland, I haven't been impressed with Tee Higgins.  Yes, he has a lot of numbers and the size and speed to be a solid NFL player, I've seen a few of his games and he seems to disappear in big games.   

Check out the stats against LSU and OSU versus UVA and South Carolina. 

image.thumb.png.947c1c3f0a5cc90858515a3930ecad04.png

He is a prospect that divides opinion. I will say this - I thought he played reasonably well in the national title game. He was not the problem that night. The Clemson line was overwhelmed and Lawrence was having to check down relentlessly (whereas Higgins was the guy they go deep to) and don't forget added to his 3 for 52 was a rushing touchdown on an end around. Against Okudah vs OSU - yea... he came off clear 2nd best... but I think Okudah is the 2nd best corner I have scouted so no shame in that and the guy on the other side is a darn good player in his own right too and will be off the board by the end of the 2nd round tonight. No disgrace in struggling against them. I also don't think Higgins is the finished product which is why I don't have a first round grade on him (I also on the final version of my mock just posted having him slipping out of the 1st for the first time). I just think if you are looking in this class for a guy who can be a #1 receiver in the NFL then after Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs  the next most likely to my mind is definitely Tee Higgins. He won't be that in year 1 though is my estimation. A bit like DK Metcalf in Seattle last year I think Tee could have a good rookie year in a place where is asked to be the #2.... but long term has number 1 potential.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

All Jefferson does is catch footballs and cash from OBJ!

*from the slot.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Huge effort as always Gunner, much appreciated!

I made an amateur attempt with my own draft board this year given the extra free time indoors and I think our rankings are fairly alike. The one player that stood out to me in your positional rankings was CJ Henderson. I have him as the clear #2 CB and I think there's a chance he gets drafted in the top 10 tonight. Also, I noticed that Jeremy Chinn wasn't in your top 5 safeties whereas I think he'll be a better pro than Dugger. Just wanted to get your thoughts on those two players and why you had them ranked the way you did if/when you get the chance! 

Lastly, who would be your pick for the Bills at #54 of the realistic options? Cheers buddy and go Bills! 

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Huge effort as always Gunner, much appreciated!

I made an amateur attempt with my own draft board this year given the extra free time indoors and I think our rankings are fairly alike. The one player that stood out to me in your positional rankings was CJ Henderson. I have him as the clear #2 CB and I think there's a chance he gets drafted in the top 10 tonight. Also, I noticed that Jeremy Chinn wasn't in your top 5 safeties whereas I think he'll be a better pro than Dugger. Just wanted to get your thoughts on those two players and why you had them ranked the way you did if/when you get the chance! 

Lastly, who would be your pick for the Bills at #54 of the realistic options? Cheers buddy and go Bills! 

So I answered Dugger v Chinn on the previous page in some detail. I just fear Chinn is a Deone Bucannon who after his rookie deal I am still saying "so, what position does he play?" 

Henderson has all the physical tools. He could be an elite corner from a skillset perspective. He just has these strange mental breakdowns that I put down to concentration but there are too many of them on his tape for me to be happy spending a high first rounder on him. I think he will be the second corner off the board. But I also am sure he will go at least 10 picks before I'd take him. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

So I answered Dugger v Chinn on the previous page in some detail. I just fear Chinn is a Deone Bucannon who after his rookie deal I am still saying "so, what position does he play?" 

Henderson has all the physical tools. He could be an elite corner from a skillset perspective. He just has these strange mental breakdowns that I put down to concentration but there are too many of them on his tape for me to be happy spending a high first rounder on him. I think he will be the second corner off the board. But I also am sure he will go at least 10 picks before I'd take him. 

Sorry dude, I skimmed the thread since I was working, must have missed that.

Thanks for the comments!