Pass rusher Dee Ford available. Bills were interested last year

56 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Both Kwon and Dee where their Big offseason picks last season and not they are ready to trade them.

Ok Lets see I would send a 4th to them for Dee Ford, Or maybe a Second for Dee Ford and their 1st (gotta give a premium to take that contract off their hands.) 

And goes to show all that praise of Lynch as GM from the sports media may have been premature.

Lynch has done a great job finding talent and for the most part drafting (Solomon Thomas being a huge black eye). The quarterback fell into his lap as well. Where he has failed is in cap management. He has done a terrible job of back ending deals and pushing the can down the road with restructures. They restructured Kwon Alexander's deal just a couple of months into it. But no one wpuld care if they won the Super Bowl. At the end of the day, they did not improve this off season, unless you count signing Tom Compton and Joe Walker as a thing, and they lost DeForest Buckner, so I am interested to see how things play out for them this year. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Lynch has done a great job finding talent and for the most part drafting (Solomon Thomas being a huge black eye). The quarterback fell into his lap as well. Where he has failed is in cap management. He has done a terrible job of back ending deals and pushing the can down the road with restructures. They restructured Kwon Alexander's deal just a couple of months into it. But no one wpuld care if they won the Super Bowl. At the end of the day, they did not improve this off season, unless you count signing Tom Compton and Joe Walker as a thing, and they lost DeForest Buckner, so I am interested to see how things play out for them this year. 

Agree So I am not letting them out of bad contracts without getting a premium pick in return.  This turns into a you have to give me a good pick to take the contract off your hands.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Both Kwon and Dee where their Big offseason picks last season and not they are ready to trade them.

Ok Lets see I would send a 4th to them for Dee Ford, Or maybe a Second for Dee Ford and their 1st (gotta give a premium to take that contract off their hands.) 

And goes to show all that praise of Lynch as GM from the sports media may have been premature.

so.... why wouldn’t they just take the 4th? Instead of downgrading their 1st to a 2nd. I assume they would rather have a 1st and a 4th instead of having a 2nd for the same cost (giving up Ford). 

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

so.... why wouldn’t they just take the 4th? Instead of downgrading their 1st to a 2nd. I assume they would rather have a 1st and a 4th instead of having a 2nd for the same cost (giving up Ford). 

I wouldn't make the trade if I was the Bills.  I am using their Cap Crunch and going to get the player and a Premium to take the contract

1 hour ago, PonyBoy said:

It's Burgess Meredith from Grumpy Old Men. Great movie!

thanks.  That's been on my list of movies to watch for YEARS now.  Currently, I have no excuse to watch it, other than the wife thinks it looks "dumb."   Whatever, I'm watching it! 

I hope that Beane continues to stay far away from players with long injury histories.  Durability should be at the very top of the lists of factors to consider.  Signing long injury history players in free agency is 100% avoidable.  You just don’t sign non-durable  players.  

19 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’d take Kwon Alexander off their hands in a heartbeat to play WILL. It would mean the end of Milano. But Kwon is awesome and has a nice connection with Leslie Frazier. And FYI, Kwon is a month younger than Matt Milano. I’d rather take Kwon’s contract than pay Matt 13 million per. 

No thanks on Dee Ford.

19 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

My feelings exactly.

I'm far more interested in Kwon Alexander than Dee Ford.

We're still not sure Vosean Joseph will pan out? I too would consider bringing Alexander on but would rather draft Terrell Lewis over paying Ford.

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Pass rusher is a big need for this team that some are glossing over. But getting older, struggling with injuries, and that contract make it a no.

Sorry for the Typo. Tbd Twitter. 

Ford is a physical wreck has-been. Pass.

4B5C37E4-30FA-437F-AA67-6A15D4E65A1A.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I wouldn't make the trade if I was the Bills.  I am using their Cap Crunch and going to get the player and a Premium to take the contract

He’s certainly been a bit disappointment. Really everyone the 49ers have given a big contract to are a disappointment. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption