Article: McDermott Concerned about PSE Dysfunction

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am bowing out of this because look I get the Pegulas are beloved. But that article should concern people. It is well researched it and well executed. If people want to believe it is a hatchet job that is their prerogative.  

Gunner, no one is defending the Pegulas as master business executives. We know. They screw up a lot.

But it's odd that you're defending this article as quality journalism while ignoring the history these reporters have. This isn't the first article taking the Pegulas to task for letting people go. They have been piling on for a while. While giving little mention of the dire financial straits they find themselves in. It reeks of a vendetta.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He then gave the organisation the chance to respond and what he got was a passive aggressive non-reply.

And is that a problem? Is it an organization's duty to respond to every single piece of negative press? Why would it be?

The Pegs are in the natural gas business, not the oil business, granted they effect each other, but it is more about the future economy in the USA with twenty million and rising  newly unemployed citizens, and over forty thousand deaths and growing from C-19. Corporate profit reports are coming up soon, and those reports are expected to be really bad, stock futures over the next year or more don’t look good. How this virus has and is being handled on a federal level is the root cause of corporate pessimism going forward. Sad yet true. 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Gunner, no one is defending the Pegulas as master business executives. We know. They screw up a lot.

But it's odd that you're defending this article as quality journalism while ignoring the history these reporters have. This isn't the first article taking the Pegulas to task for letting people go. They have been piling in for a while. While giving little mention of the dire financial straits they don't themselves in. It reeks of a vendetta.

I have criticised Tim Graham plenty over the years. I was a constant Jerry Sullivan basher because he was downright bad at his job. But people just saying "vendetta" without paying proper attention to his piece are doing themselves a disservice. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’m trying to stay out of the conversation because I haven’t read the article yet. With that being said, I’ve heard a lot of this sentiment prior to this meeting in January. We are all grateful that the Pegulas saved the teams and have invested in WNY. They also, aren’t good at running pro sports franchises. Both of those things are true. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't see any lies by Tim Graham. And in my experience, no. People get most annoyed when you are close to a truth they don't want told. 

I didn't state that there were lies. But in my experience I see the opposite. People get the most annoyed with things are furthest from the truth.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Aw look.  My #1 fan's a bit hurt by my insinuation that Timmy's a talentless hack.

Sorry to tear down your idols, little buddy.

I'm no Tim Graham fan.  I do find it hilarious that YOU are calling someone else a hack.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

And is that a problem? Is it an organization's duty to respond to every single piece of negative press? Why would it be?

No. But you can't say "he only gives one side of the story" when the other side was given the chance to properly respond and didn't take it. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't see any lies by Tim Graham. And in my experience, no. People get most annoyed when you are close to a truth they don't want told. 

Agreed.   In my experience, people get most annoyed when their preconceptions and world view are challenged...

• Like (+1) 7

Here's what I got from the article...

-The Pegula's were overly ambitious and PSE expanded too quickly that an economic downturn has created an unfortunate situation where tough choices had to be made.

-Graham was looking for disgruntled ex employees and found them.

-It's highly unlikely we get a new stadium here unless the majority of the funding comes from the tax payers.

• Like (+1) 4

WOW so much for bashing Haslem of the Browns ! I just hope it's not bad enough to make Beane & McD rethink their positions here in the not to distant future seeing as they have built something decent !

The Pegs should ask Bon Jovi if he would be interested in the Sabre's problem solved !! 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I think you missed the point.

No I think you did. When things aren't true people generally brush them off. It is when things are threatening to expose truth that the passive aggressive responses come.  

• Like (+1) 1

There are a few very passionate, very pissed off reporters out there that have made it their life's work to tear down the Pegulas. They haven't had much success with McDermott and Beane given the rising success of the Bills, but they still try their best to tear even them down. We all know who these reporters are and everything that comes from them needs to be treated as what it is: extremely biased journalism.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

No I think you did. When things aren't true people generally brush them off. It is when things are threatening to expose truth that the passive aggressive responses come.  

I'll tell you this: if I owned a multi-billion dollar business, and some two-bit hack published garbage like this that wasn't true, I'd bury him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2