Article: McDermott Concerned about PSE Dysfunction

25 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

But bad for their fans who would have to suffer through more of the 2019-2020 product.

I thought if they restart they would go right into the playoffs. They can't finish the 82 game regular season and then have the playoffs. Playoff teams would be based on winning percentage over points since teams haven't played the same amount of games. For example the Blue Jackets are one point ahead of the Isles for WC 2 but the Isles would make the playoffs over the Jackets because they have played 2 less games.

Just now, Greg S said:

I thought if they restart they would go right into the playoffs. They can't finish the 82 game regular season and then have the playoffs. Playoff teams would be based on winning percentage over points since teams haven't played the same amount of games. For example the Blue Jackets are one point ahead of the Isles for WC 2 but the Isles would make the playoffs over the Jackets because they have played 2 less games.

I think that’s the plan 

36 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Federal deficit will be astronomical the next 2 years.  Taxes will be going up and there won't be a lot of appetite for football stadiums as an example. 

Yes they need to in part need to pay for COVID incentive check sent out.  

1 hour ago, bbb said:

I've never been there when it's empty. 

After high school games does not equate to when it is good.  It's got a great atmosphere for Bills, Sabres and other games..........If you're going there for a great meal, you've gone to the wrong place.  

The food is terrible. Can’t eff up a bottle of beer tho. I’ve been there when the Sabres are on. That wall of TV is headache inducing. 

I also don’t do bars for games in general these days. Stadium or house gathering. Too many real time hot takes when yr amongst the masses. 

28 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Logically they should finish the shortened season to even out the games.  But this whole portion of thread ought to be split off into its own thread on other forum IMO.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Comes off as a ***** ####### to put it lightly....

I read it differently... To me it's a bit naive and somewhat narcissistic... That seems like a strong word, perhaps, but I think it comes from being celebrated and idolized by everyone in WNY to the point where maybe they bought into their own hype and started to believe that everyone is personally invested in the details of their lives. 

So many top executives are terrible at communication... that's why they need to hire people and let them handle all this stuff and write checks when needed and collect the accolades and money afterward. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am no fan of Tim Graham, but reading this is confirming some of the things I have suspected.

Terry and Kim are good people that have no idea how to run an entertainment business.  Terry made some smart decisions to invest in natural gas and it was sort of a foolproof situation that led to him getting really wealthy.  I am happy for both of them and glad they kept the Bills and Sabres in Buffalo.

I like both of them, but neither seem to have strong leadership or management skills.  Their reaction to poor talent and hires at the top -- to bring in family under the guise of people they "trust" is cringe-worthy.  I can't think of many instances where failing businesses were brought back to life by hiring family members.

To be frank, I don't understand why they got into so many different businesses - restaurants, sports team ownership, marketing, etc.  Hell, they own the Marriott Harborcenter, right?  I don't generally think of oil and gas tycoons excelling at the hospitality business, but what do I know?

I don't like Russ Brandon, he's a weasel, but that guy knew how to run a business.  They need someone like that, but less weasel-y, operating the business.  Terry and Kim need to get back to being the investors rather than the front-seat drivers.  They should sell/cut loose the fringe businesses like the restaurants and hotel, and instead focus on the Sabres and Bills.  More importantly, they need to get a President/COO in there that can cut the fat and focus the operation back on the teams.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I am no fan of Tim Graham, but reading this is confirming some of the things I have suspected.

Terry and Kim are good people that have no idea how to run an entertainment business. 

I think you make a lot of valid points, but this part here - Tim Graham makes it clear on twitter that he doesn't think the Pegulas are good people.