Marqise Lee cut

bobs0108

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Meh. I never thought he was much cop anyway. 

I am not convinced he'd beat those guys out. Think he is no better than 50/50 to be on an NFL roster in 2020.

Foster had 3 catches last year while healthy. Lee also had 3 catches last year on 4 targets. And has a history of putting up decent numbers when targeted. 

I don’t think he’s the missing ingredient but I wouldn’t mind him getting time over Foster if someone has a hammy.

WR1 Diggs

WR2 Brown

WR3 Beasley

Backups - Duke - size

McKenzie - gadget

Thomas - Developing WR4 at best, no clue if he pans out

The best Lee could hope for is to sign here and hope he can become WR4, there is no upside for him here. He has no shot at the top 3 spots, has availability issues and would be more expensive than a rookie, who they could develop from scratch themselves. I don't see the upside for us either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Too crowded for Marquise Lee. I should've been more specific.

I don't think he's an improvement over anyone. I liked him in that draft, but he hasn't panned out.

Fair enough. He may not be what the Bills need.

I am still hoping the Bills draft 2 WR's from this class. 

Played one full season in his entire career only played 6 games last year after missing a full season the year before.   I think its likely the end of the road for this guy.   Someone may squeeze another year or two out of him, but he is about to 29 years old, is often hurt, and won't provide anything more than a #3.   I think I am good.

28 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

WR1 Diggs

WR2 Brown

WR3 Beasley

Backups - Duke - size

McKenzie - gadget

Thomas - Developing WR4 at best, no clue if he pans out

The best Lee could hope for is to sign here and hope he can become WR4, there is no upside for him here. He has no shot at the top 3 spots, has availability issues and would be more expensive than a rookie, who they could develop from scratch themselves. I don't see the upside for us either.

Who's Thomas

Wow, forgot this guy was still in the league!

A 6th year vet with a shaky career  really needs a "prove it" year??

And being "medically cleared" doesn't mean much.  The guy was on IR in 2018, "medically cleared", came back and went back on IR with another/different injury.  He's damaged goods.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

IMO it is only crowded if you count Duke, McKenzie, Foster as anything other than depth. 

True being Foster is the least productive he can be shipped, as can Mckittrick... at least Williams has produced at a over 63 % catch rate. 

No, holy hell, not every single player needs to be brought in on a 'prove it deal' or 'camp body'. This guy has had shot after shot. 

I know some of you think, "there's no negative whatsoever to bring a guy in", but there is..it takes time, attention, resources away from other players. You can only evaluate so many people and every person brought in lowers the amount for the rest. You can't bring in 500 guys for a looksee and maintain a solid process for evaluating them.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Has a connection to Matt Barkley obviously, so it could be a thing. If he came here, he could be a rotational player so he would not be as much of an injury risk.  

Haha, the Matt Barkley connection.  Is that a real thing?  Like is he good at tackling people after he throws an INT?

and he is a solid player when healthy but this isn’t the type of receiver we need.  We need size.

Buffalo should really consider drafting a WR in the second or third round.  The talent in this draft is off the charts.  A second or third round receiver, imho is like a first rounder in most draft classes.  The Bills have their starting 3 but age is an issue and it would be refreshing to let a rookie develop without the need to feel like they have to rush.  In addition, there is always injuries.  It really is the best player available philosophy.