Vintage Draft Day Threads

Rico

1 minute ago, eball said:

Oh @GunnerBill ...

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/205086-rd1-pick-7-josh-allen-qb-wyoming/?do=findComment&comment=5069064

Now I know Josh hasn't really "made it" yet but this is still a classic.

Yea I hated the pick. I am pleasantly pleased and surprised with where he is but I have never denied hating the pick.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I hated the pick. I am pleasantly pleased and surprised with where he is but I have never denied hating the pick.

Most fans did, because the media told us that we wanted Rosen. I was disappointed by the pick but got on board pretty quick. I couldn't find my comments in that thread and I honestly don't remember what I said, but I don't watch college ball so it's hard for me to have any strong opinions coming in. I remember liking Mayfield and Darnold a lot, but figured we wouldn't have a chance to get them, so I settled on Rosen. Leading up to the draft I argued a lot that Josh Allen wouldn't be successful due to his low college completion percentage. But I was wrong. Allen is good. Let's hope he becomes great.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Most fans did, because the media told us that we wanted Rosen. I was disappointed by the pick but got on board pretty quick. I couldn't find my comments in that thread and I honestly don't remember what I said, but I don't watch college ball so it's hard for me to have any strong opinions coming in. I remember liking Mayfield and Darnold a lot, but figured we wouldn't have a chance to get them, so I settled on Rosen. Leading up to the draft I argued a lot that Josh Allen wouldn't be successful due to his low college completion percentage. But I was wrong. Allen is good. Let's hope he becomes great.

My opinion was not based on what the media said it was based on lots and lots of tape watching. Doesn't mean I didn't get it wrong but I wasn't just parroting what others said.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My opinion was not based on what the media said it was based on lots and lots of tape watching. Doesn't mean I didn't get it wrong but I wasn't just parroting what others said.

That should show everyone how hard it is to evaluate college players and why those that do it well make the big bucks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rico said:

OK, here's a good one... Right on. Pete! :thumbsup::

Well the definition of "high motor guy" has not changed. You've got your Wilikies and Tszuskas of the world. 

I was not on this board, but I thought Blaine Gabbert was going to be something truly special. I also really liked Joey Harrington back in the day. So we all have moments.