Trade proposal (Jags/Jets, not Bills)

So both teams have two unhappy young players who will need new contracts. 

To Jets:

DE- Yannik Ngakoue

To Jaguars:

S- Jamal Adams

gives the Jets the edge rusher they’ve been lacking for years. 

Gives Jacksonville a veteran to lead their defense and allows Jacksonville to use their two first rounders to supplement that.

Jets might need to make a small add as positional value gives Ngakoue a bit more value. 

Just now, NewEra said:

Makes sense.  Sucks that both teams are too stupid to make it work

Probably. And Jacksonville is also cheap so I could see them viewing Adams as valuable because he’s probably going to be $10-$12M cheaper per year when he re-signs. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Seems like the Jest would have to sweeten that.  Adams is an excellent box safety, but he’s still a box safety.  Ngakoue is a stud edge player and that’s worth way more. 

Yep. Safeties are one of the lower paid positions in the NFL, and Edge Rusher is one of the higher paid.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

To Jets:

DE- Yannik Ngakoue

To Jaguars:

S- Jamal Adams

Gives Jacksonville a veteran to lead their defense and allows Jacksonville to use their two first rounders to supplement that.

Jets might need to make a small add as positional value gives Ngakoue a bit more value. 

if the Bills aren’t trading for Ngakoue, i’d rather have both teams trade the players for 2nd round draft picks to the NFC

13 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Probably. And Jacksonville is also cheap so I could see them viewing Adams as valuable because he’s probably going to be $10-$12M cheaper per year when he re-signs. 

Adams will reset the S market. Eddie Jackson currently makes 14.6 per , followed by Byard at 14.1 per . DE I think is D Lawrence at 21 mil per. So ya , about 7 mil a year savings 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

To Jets:

DE- Yannik Ngakoue

To Jaguars:

S- Jamal Adams

I for sure hope they don't do this trade i don't want the Bills to have to see that Ngakoue 2 times a yr ship his but out west some where & let Marrone & Gase wallow in their own great coaching acumen used so far to put them both at the top of their coaching game ?  ! 

Ngakoue is on a franchise tag - adams is on year 4 with a 5th year option.  The extension for ngakoue would be more than adams too. 

Adams is coming off a first-team all-pro season though so is this really the best you can do?  A DE who you have to immediately give 20mil per year for, when you could just sign clowney for 20 mil per year and not have to lose your all-pro safety.