Cal's Buffalo Bills Mock Draft (First three picks)

Cal

Round 2 (No. 54 overall) Terrell Lewis DE Alabama, 6'5 262 - Obviously DE is probably the most glaring need with the loss of Shaq Lawson, and Jerry Hughes on the back end of his career. Lewis has the ability to rush the passer and tackle for loss as seen at Bama.

Round 3 (No. 86 overall) Michael Pittman Jr. WR USC, 6'4 223 - Pittman needs some more development but with Beasley and Brown getting on the other side of 30, we can use some more youth and size to pair with Diggs. Pittman should be able to at least contribute in the red zone immediately, not to mention him and Allen have a relationship already.

Round 4 (No. 128 overall) AJ Dillon RB Boston College, 6'0 247 - Motor is going to need some relief, Dillon brings another element with his power. He also ran a 4.53 at the combine.

After this, I really don't care.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Cal said:

Round 2 (No. 54 overall) Terrell Lewis DE Alabama, 6'5 262 - Obviously DE is probably the most glaring need with the loss of Shaq Lawson, and Jerry Hughes on the back end of his career. Lewis has the ability to rush the passer and tackle for loss as seen at Bama.

Round 3 (No. 86 overall) Michael Pittman Jr. WR USC, 6'4 223 - Pittman needs some more development but with Beasley and Brown getting on the other side of 30, we can use some more youth and size to pair with Diggs. Pittman should be able to at least contribute in the red zone immediately, not to mention him and Allen have a relationship already.

Round 4 (No. 128 overall) AJ Dillon RB Boston College, 6'0 247 - Motor is going to need some relief, Dillon brings another element with his power. He also ran a 4.53 at the combine.

After this, I really don't care.

This would be just fine. 

• Like (+1) 2

Lewis is categorized by the new term EDGE which is a defensive end. He’s too big for a LB. this would be a home run draft BUT the chance of each being available in the round you’ve picked them in is 50% at best. From what I’ve seen:

Lewis available at 54, maybe 40-50% chance

pittman available at 86, 20%
dillon available at 128: 50%

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Cal said:

He was a 3-4 LB. Will be a 4-3 DE obviously 

But Lewis has a worrisome injury history and wasn’t super productive at Bama.  I wouldn’t hate the pick, but I think that there will be better prospects available at pick 54.  Above all else, I don’t want them to convince themselves that a DE is close to BPA just because they could use youth at the position.  If they are convinced that one is close to BPA, then by all means draft him.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't know. Wallace is back and he wasn't terrible. Then they brought in Josh Norman and E.J. Gaines. That's a 3 way competition already.

If Gaines was healthy all year I would agree. But Maybe they should have just resigned Kevin Johnson instead of bringing in Norman?

34 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think Bills fans are in agreement that our first 3 picks will be a WR, RB & Edge in whatever order. Cal's mock would fill those positions with good players at appropriate value slots. 

The only caveat I would offer is if a Edge/DE is not picked in the 2nd or 3rd I could see them passing on the position for the rest of the draft.

IMO it would be hard for a 4th rounder to surpass Murphy, Hughes, Addison, Jefferson especially with the shortened training season.

I don't see Beane giving up on Murphy unless he has someone who is at least as effective and if that happened the rookie would have to

fight off Daryl Johnson too.

I think Beane goes big for a DE or he doesn't go this year at all.

Terrell Lewis is terrible!!!! This kid is not strong enough, fast enough or quick enough to make It in the league. He’s stiff, lanky and has zero agility. He’s a college talent.

Just watch, in 4-5 years when he’s only his 2nd or 3rd team cause he will be a bust.  I don’t see why fans or what fans see in this kid. Watched him do drills at the Senior Bowl and he looked very unathletic at time compared to other collegiate athletes who looked ok at best.

Alton Robinson, Bradley Anae, Jon Greenard and DJ Wonnum looked more impressive than Lewis. Saw it for myself up close. Dude is a bust in the League.

AJ Dillion is a bust too!!!

Pittman Jr I’m all for.

To be honest I think Lewis and Dillion might be the top 2 guys I dislike the most in this draft that Bills fans are hyping up.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Terrell Lewis is terrible!!!! This kid is not strong enough, fast enough or quick enough to make It in the league. He’s stiff, lanky and has zero agility. He’s a college talent.

Just watch, in 4-5 years when he’s only his 2nd or 3rd team cause he will be a bust.  I don’t see why fans or what fans see in this kid. Watched him do drills at the Senior Bowl and he looked very unathletic at time compared to other collegiate athletes who looked ok at best.

Alton Robinson, Bradley Anae, Jon Greenard and DJ Wonnum looked more impressive than Lewis. Saw it for myself up close. Dude is a bust in the League.

Pittman Jr I’m all for.

To be honest I think Lewis and Dillion might be the top 2 guys I dislike the most in this draft that Bills fans are hyping up.

Which team are you GM for? Funny that you are condemning players based on drills.

8 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Pittman Jr I’m all for.

Lol this time of year i do a boat load of scouting reports based on progression fro m HS senior year - today. Based on who he went against, the team he played for and so on. Great players dont need to be the strongest or fastest in this league and basing him on drills, speed and stength is a waste of everyones time here.. Will he likely be elite? Doubt it.  Is he a very small project... Yes.. Tbh i think Lewis will have a solid career as a starter and if your looking for a  elite starter in round 2, you mine as well flip a few coins and pray.

Lewis has a knack for using power and spin moves at the right time.. Knows when to push hard forward or to sit a little at times for the play to develop to him. Lewis is also a natural born leader that leads by example and not words.. Lewis is also really good at knocking balls down, tipped passes.. I think lewis is a winner and yes im talking about

Terrel Lewis...