What would you consider a successful draft?

18 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I'd laugh too except the joke is on us now.

20 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No more spoiled rich kids getting exemptions for heel spurs.

I'd laugh too except the joke is on us now.

Vice President Joe Biden's son is wealthy.  He got $40,000 a month from a Ukrainaian energy company and $1,500,000 000 investment from a Chinese bank for his hedge fund company.  He was also given a direct commission in the Navy, (by influence of his dad,) and then immediately kicked out for testing positive for drugs.

Vice President Mike Pence's son is a pilot in the Marine Corp and a first lieutenant. 

Why not keep politics out of 2BillsDrive?

7 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

I will not complain about a single draft pick, we have crushed the last three drafts so we should all trust them. 

I just hope we don’t draft a late round QB, that seems like it would be a waste.

Yes, there are a lot of experienced QB on the beach and a later round rookie QB would not be able to fill in.  Better to use draft picks on high ceiling players who are undervalued and available in late rounds.

20 hours ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

So, what would you consider a successful draft for the Bills next week? IMO if they could draft a decent DE, CB and RB I would call it a success. If in addition they could add a WR all the better, but priority should be given to the first three in no particular order. They can use the other picks to move up and around as needed.

Beane drafting the players he wants. Why do you want just decent players?

Edited by nucci

20 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

For me, it's always the trenches. Would like to see a mean sum-B word EDGE/DE and another big ugly for the OL... the bigger and uglier, the better.

I'll give you my ex-wife's mother's phone number.....she's just your type.

As to the OP's original question:

I know the context is meant to be immediately following the Draft this year, but obviously we won't know for two to three more years if this year's Draft, and Diggs subsequently, will actually be successful. So, if the point is to ask if I'd be pleased and therefore believe we did well in the Draft, I think my summary would this:

1. WR / RB in 2nd round

2. WR / RB in 3rd Round the alternate of what was picked in 2nd

3. Trade back into 3rd to take CB

4. 5th Round, Antonio Gibson if he's there b/c he can be both WR / RB

That's it....that's it for me. I know DE is on many people's minds, and Beane will probably go DE / Edge in the first two rounds, but there is an array of DEs on the roster right now and if you really want to top tier talent that gets younger there is Clowney waiting in the wings. Plus, that's what FA is for next year and every year there is a Draft. With three to four DEs on the roster right now that can play a variety of roles, to me, this is the position you get to develop ala 6th Round with potential but not an issue if he doesn't make the 55 man roster (that starts this year right?). Also, with D. Johnson who showed real promise and flashes last year, I'd like to see more before we assume a high Draft pick is needed. CB is always an issue and while I like Wallace and I think Norman might return to form, getting a bona fide CB opposite White in the long term is great but it's not the most pressing issue. Allen and this Offense needs playmakers and I really like Brown and Beasley, but both are 30 and there needs to be a complement to Motor that is young and viable for years to come. As for Gibson, I don't know that he lasts until the 5th, but having a guy like him who can play RB and slot WR is the kind of mismatch the Offense needs to keep Defenses guessing. JMO

Edited by BigBuff423

RB's and LB's can easily be had in FA, but weave done nothing to bolster either position despite more thsan $80 million in cap space. We should take care of those positions before the draft. AJ Klein is good depth, but we need a starter. Unfortunately OBD was asleep at the switch while all the good OLB's and CB's were being signed. We should be addressing our OL in this draft, but unfortunately we will need to do something about OLB in this draft. We could still address DE and RB before the draft, but probably won't. I have a bad feeling our defense could slip considerably in 2020 if we don't do something significant at all 3 levels. Additionally, RT is the biggest hole on our roster and we look no better there. I think D Williams will continue to struggle. He was terrible at LG last year. Let's hope he has a miraculous recovery.