What would you consider a successful draft?

So, what would you consider a successful draft for the Bills next week? IMO if they could draft a decent DE, CB and RB I would call it a success. If in addition they could add a WR all the better, but priority should be given to the first three in no particular order. They can use the other picks to move up and around as needed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

At least two picks turn into starters or heavy-use in rotation THIS season. 

I think that, based on draft positioning as it currently stands, this is the most fair expectation. The addition of a later-round punter would put that to a minimum of three.

• Like (+1) 2

Acquire a bona fide #1 receiver with the 22nd overall pick  --- already accomplished!

Find quality rotational players at the DE, RB, & CB positions - in no particular order - follow BPA to select them. If necessary, spend a minimal amount of late round trade capital to move up to select a particular desired player  - at the discretion of McBeane.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

For me, it's always the trenches. Would like to see a mean sum-B word EDGE/DE and another big ugly for the OL... the bigger and uglier, the better.

I could go along with that if they get a RB as well. Not really thrilled with what backs up DS right now.

18 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

A DE, OLB, RB, and a P

And trading away a couple picks for higher picks next year

That’s a good call on Punter. It may be a make fun of position, but Borojquez had some brutal 30-yard punts late in games that hurt the Bills, and rarely had the field changing punts, 50, 60 yards.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Bills could use a DE, another LB, and a playmaking RB. I don’t need a contrast in styles to Singletary, in fact, get me someone faster as the co-back.

Outside of the Draft the Bills should upgrade backup QB. If Barkley has to play, the Bills are screwed.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

23 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Agree. I said no particular order for the three positions I listed, but would think the DE/Edge Rusher should probably be the pick at 54.

We are in total agreement. 

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Outside of the Draft the Bills should upgrade backup QB. If Barkley has to play, the Bills are screwed.

I don't agree with that. I think we should judge Barkley by the first Jets game not by the second one. Second one he played with backups and 3rd stringers.