Has Clowney already agreed to a deal with the Titans?

On 4/18/2020 at 10:05 PM, Virgil said:

Holy ***** are they stupid.  They made Clowney a universal free agent in Madden ultimate team.  He gets assigned every team chemistry until he signs. 

This is just a start to the NFL's new cloning division program they are going to give every team a Clowney clone to develop more parity in the league  ...

On 4/19/2020 at 10:31 AM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

What surprised me the most about Tannehill is his YPA. In Miami, he never threw a ball more than 3 yards. He was worse than Trent Edwards. Going to Tenn, I think he led the league in YPA during the regular season— which makes me think his coaching/scheme in Miami was terrible. He can really chuck the ball downfield.

That said, in the playoffs, Tenn clearly kept the reigns on him. You wonder if they had let him air it out whether they could have been far more explosive on O. 

They rolled a lot of hard play action a lot with Tannehill, and he was money on deep throws.  With Gase he played in that offense that is very much driven towards short passing.    

In the playoffs, they didn't really need Tannehill to do too much.  Defense was money with turnovers (3 of 4 TDs against Baltimore started on the Ravens side of the field), had a huge goal line stand against NE (and another huge penalty that nullified a big play), huge 4th down stops against Baltimore (4 turnover on downs), they limited possessions by running the ball so much, and Kern punted pretty well.  

I don't think their playoff wins are a sustainable strategy for success other than just, having a good defense.  Sometimes you're going to need to put up points, and sometimes you need to pivot from running and play action (say being behind on the scoreboard).

On 4/18/2020 at 7:31 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’d rather he be with the Seahawks or even Bills. However Titans really don’t scare me. We have all seen this one before. A backup caliber QB has a nice run over a handful of games. The team gives him a a new contract and then the QB goes back to backup talent level.

There is no Fitzpatrick cycle for Tannehill. He is just meh all the time.