Morse big contract, Spain re-signed, Dawkins ready for extension, Feliciano last year?

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Mitch gave up 1 sack on 909 snaps and his pressure numbers last season were really good too. I think he is an elite pass blocker top 3 at his position the numbers and the eye test check out. 

I do think his run blocking is nothing special but far from a liability. I think center play is made up of a lot of very complex parts and in many of those avenues Mitch ranges from elite to solid. 

I don't know if I could name 5 centers who are better. 

I could name 5 who played better in 2019. That is the point. 

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Talent still matters. Some olineman are better than others, to be sure. I just think that once you have the basics, it doesn't matter so much which position on the line gets an upgrade.

Seems contrary to how the D line is viewed. I would think Jason Peters at the same age as Dion would make for a noticeably better left side at least, doing the same upgrade at RT would make an equally big impact, both would dramatically impact a QBs career, and longevity. Hypothetically anyway. 

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Seems contrary to how the D line is viewed. I would think Jason Peters at the same age as Dion would make for a noticeably better left side at least, doing the same upgrade at RT would make an equally big impact, both would dramatically impact a QBs career, and longevity. Hypothetically anyway. 

Go Bills!!!

Oh, for sure.  It's what I was saying.  It's not that talent doesn't matter; it's just that the sum is greater than the parts on the oline much more than the D line, for example.  

My point was that it sort of matters less which position you get a stud non the oline.  Give me a young Peters or a young stud guard, doesn't matter.  Add him to the line and integrate him.  

The least talented guy on a good o line isn't as big a problem as the least talented guy on your Dline.