1. 1. Who should the Bills select?

• Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
    • Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyne
    • Michael Pittman Jr, WR, USC
    • Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame
    • Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
    • Attempt to trade back

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/18/2020 at 11:40 PM

Tough call.  I narrowed it down to Dugger and CEH.  I'm intrigued by how McD would use Dugger and what he could do in this D, but CEH insures that the O wouldn't skip a beat if Singeltary went down, so I went with him.  

I wouldn’t have said this a week ago, but CEH in a runaway imo.

Next I’d go with Wilson.  Akers next followed by Dugger and Chinn

i like Anae too, but hope to get him rd 3, although unlikely to slip that far

1. Bills have the least draft capital going into draft, but it all levels after the first round more or less

2. So unless they have a first round grade who slips into the 40s I dont see them moving up.

3. I dont see a RB having second round value based on other needs and depth. more of a 3 or 4th round choice where they have  better chance of moving up.

4. CB or Buffalo Nickel is my hunch followed by edge or vice versa for rounds 2 and 3.

I think the biggest drop off in talent from these players is OT. Wilson seems like the type of player the Bills like on the o-line. He would be a day 1 upgrade at RT and every down player. Ford would upgrade RG giving solid depth across the entire line and/or offer trade opportunity for Feliciano or Long. 

Having said that, I don’t think Beane and Mcdermott are done with the Ford at RT experiment unfortunately. 

Chinn would be a good 2nd option for me. 

RB could be had later on or Free as I prefer Singletary to get majority of snaps

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

If they draft an RB in round 2 I am going to vomit. They could literally do fine with a UFA as a backup.

“Do fine”.   Be happy with “fine”

CEH and we could be unstoppable 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

Voted Okwara, but think Bryce Hall (CB) might be the better pick in this case.  Other than his omission there are good names to chose from.

Edit: Just saw that names were pared down.  He might’ve been one that was. 

Edited by BarleyNY

I will be happy with whatever they do.

I voted Claypool last time because this is a fan mock so it doesn't matter

This time I voted for CEH I think getting him at 54 would be good.

Nseke played well at RT when he was healthy.

I am watching a replay of the SEC Championship game right now and will watch out for Wilson.

I seen him run past Chaisson earlier on a passing down and 18 got hit square in the chest by Burrow on a pass break up.

I don’t get that Okwara love. I have no interest in a raw, wiry, pass rusher. The Bills are ready to win. A guy with a low ceiling shouldn’t be the pick at 54. If you want to take some late round fliers on high ceilings, go for it. I just wouldn’t squander 54 on someone like that. I’d rather Anae or Greenard at edge. At worst, those guys should be productive. Okwara could be Maybin.

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Idon’t view it as a backup. I view it as a “1b” at the thinnest position on the roster. If Motor is healthy, this guy is playing 30% of the snaps. If Singletary gets dinged it’s closer to 70%. Singletary missed 5 games last year. RB is the last immediate need for this season. 

If we draft a RB in rnd2 it will me much closer to a 50-50 split. 

Edited by Gambit
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t get that Okwara love. I have no interest in a raw, wiry, pass rusher. The Bills are ready to win. A guy with a low ceiling shouldn’t be the pick at 54. If you want to take some late round fliers on high ceilings, go for it. I just wouldn’t squander 54 on someone like that. I’d rather Anae or Greenard at edge. At worst, those guys should be productive. Okwara could be Maybin.

Yes. Yes. Yes again.

20 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Can anyone speak on what they feel Helaire would bring to the Bills?

A better version of the RB that we are happy with.  Singletary would be our RB2 eventually 

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a better #2 than Yeldon and he could get closer to a 50/50 split with Singletary. Just not sure that is worth a #2. 

Do you think Singletary is better than CEH?

• Like (+1) 1