1. 1. Who should the Bills select?

• Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
    • Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyne
    • Michael Pittman Jr, WR, USC
    • Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame
    • Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
    • Attempt to trade back

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/18/2020 at 11:40 PM

Pretty uninspiring choice by the masses here.  I get that people want an offensive playmaker with this pick, but this feels forced.  I suspect the Bills management will not succumb to the same temptation to fill a need for a second RB vs. obtain good value.  This is not a complimentary skill set to what we have and he is unlikely to add much incremental value to the team.  

this is a great choice.  the other choices add little, and there is a huge drop off between the big 5 RB's and the rest of the field.  CEH brings a toughness, can catch (so can Singletary) and can be given the ball as a game close-out runner.  

I don’t think they will go this route, but if they do, our running game would be explosive like what we saw in San Fran last year or when Kamara and Ingram were together.  

It would be 1a and 1b.  I’d put both in the pistol.  Just a fit for defenses 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t get that Okwara love. I have no interest in a raw, wiry, pass rusher. The Bills are ready to win. A guy with a low ceiling shouldn’t be the pick at 54. If you want to take some late round fliers on high ceilings, go for it. I just wouldn’t squander 54 on someone like that. I’d rather Anae or Greenard at edge. At worst, those guys should be productive. Okwara could be Maybin.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes. Yes. Yes again.

Did you guys watch game film of Okwara?  I have not.  Just a few scUM games during the season and I wasn’t focusing on him.  I just went by what I’ve read on him.  If you have, what’d you see?

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Pretty uninspiring choice by the masses here.  I get that people want an offensive playmaker with this pick, but this feels forced.  I suspect the Bills management will not succumb to the same temptation to fill a need for a second RB vs. obtain good value.  This is not a complimentary skill set to what we have and he is unlikely to add much incremental value to the team.  

A better outcome than mock draft 2.0.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Did you guys watch game film of Okwara?  I have not.  Just a few scUM games during the season and I wasn’t focusing on him.  I just went by what I’ve read on him.  If you have, what’d you see?

I haven’t seen him to the level that Gunner has but have seen enough to believe that he’s boom or bust. I called him “Maybinish” last week. That doesn’t mean he will be a bust it just means a lot of what people like about him is what they liked about Maybin. He has big downside. Greenard and Anae have much higher floors IMO.

Anae has a ton of production and didn’t test well. He a classic case of people overthinking it. He was great at the Senior Bowl too. He’s a football player first. If he tested like Okwara he might have been the 2nd DE off the board.

Greenard will be 23 when the year starts. He’s a refined player that’s mature. He started his career at Louisville and finished at UF. He was productive there. He has a well-rounded game too. He actually reminds me some of Shaq. He’s a guy that will do a little bit of everything and can help now. He’s not quite the pass rusher that Anae is IMO but is a really solid player.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No, not really. But I think they are similar styles of back. I want a genuine speed guy as a compliment. 

I hope you take my correction in the helpful spirit it is being offered. The word that I'm sure you intended is complement.

Edited by JohnC
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

1. Bills have the least draft capital going into draft, but it all levels after the first round more or less

2. So unless they have a first round grade who slips into the 40s I dont see them moving up.

3. I dont see a RB having second round value based on other needs and depth. more of a 3 or 4th round choice where they have  better chance of moving up.

4. CB or Buffalo Nickel is my hunch followed by edge or vice versa for rounds 2 and 3.

Do you guys not watch the Big 10?  Jonathan Taylor and JK Dobbins had close to 4000 yards between them.  Singletary is a nice player.  But he is not a big time stud.  Get me a big time RB w our first pick and watch the offense improve dramatically.  

What other needs are more important then another RB?

And what about another WR?  Donavan Peoples Jones has tremendous upside.  Put him in the mix with Brown Beasley and Diggs, and Wow!!  We still need playmakers on offense.  Defense is fine.  But taking a guy like Dugger.  How does that improve the team?   Or an edge rusher who is not ready to contribute this year.  Makes no sense.  We need about 3 more pieces on offense.  RB, WR, and another TE or ROT, and the team will be ready to compete for a Super Bowl as long as Josh Allen plays like he is supposed to.  But a "Big Nickel from a D2 school is not going to change our chances of winning the Super Bowl in today's NFL.  Beane and McDermott better know that. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No, not really. But I think they are similar styles of back. I want a genuine speed guy as a compliment. 

I hear ya.  I do too, but CEH is just too good imo. He might not be the perfect compliment to motor but he’s better and has breakaway ability.  I know he doesn’t have the long speed, but he has incredible short speed which enables him to hit the home run in some cases