Mekhi Becton fails drug test at Combine; Zack Baun had diluted sample

11 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

If he failed for marijuana it will have zero impact on his draft status in today's climate 

Other than the fact that it shows poor judgement knowing he will get tested at the combine.  I'm not so concerned about the legality, just the timing.  

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

He has an unreal skill set. One of the better LT prospects I’ve seen in quite some time, he has everything he needs to be an elite tackle but failing a drug test takes him down a few notches in my book. It shows that he has a lazy and undisciplined mind on some level. He’s looking at the biggest payday of his life and he’s more concerned with getting high. Just a really lazy effort on his part. Who knows? Maybe he wants to drop down to a better team? Still a red flag nonetheless.

It also hints at not being able to make correct choices in life.  Especially once he's making millions of dollars.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

That seems counter-intuitive.

Good to see the league recognizes the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide abuse, it kills thousands every year.

dihydrogen monoxide - it kills hundreds each year. Particularly children. It’s no joke. 

when used properly it can help athletes, but I can see why they test for abuse. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

dihydrogen monoxide - it kills hundreds each year. Particularly children. It’s no joke. 

when used properly it can help athletes, but I can see why they test for abuse. 

You have to be very careful seeing as you cannot breathe in it...

11 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s the whole country 

In this case it's a massive commercial enterprise who can decide who they want to hire or not.

Failed drug tests can keep you from getting a job many places in this country.

As others have said - if you know you're being tested - they do - and you use anyway, you are some combination of stupid, addicted, and don't care enough about your prospective career which will pay you millions if you dedicate yourself to it.

Edited by BobChalmers

11 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

Zack Baun, I believe, did not pull a moronic move. His problem was that he drank too much water in attempt to artificially raise his weight and draft stock. This caused his urine sample to be dilluted, which is a yellow flag, as it is a way to not get caught with certain drugs. Now it could be that he is lying about the purpose of drinking the water, but we don't know that. Innocence until proven guilty and all that.

I'd believe he is trying to raise his weight.  He is a big lighter compared to other LB's.  

I would like to know what Becton tested postive for.  Would love him to fall to us! 

11 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

Zack Baun, I believe, did not pull a moronic move. His problem was that he drank too much water in attempt to artificially raise his weight and draft stock. This caused his urine sample to be dilluted, which is a yellow flag, as it is a way to not get caught with certain drugs. Now it could be that he is lying about the purpose of drinking the water, but we don't know that. Innocence until proven guilty and all that.

Only a moron would believe that would have a significant  impact on his weight.

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Only a moron would believe that would have a significant  impact on his weight.

If you drink half a gallon of water, thatll add 8 pounds. Easily doable. Putting on 10 pounds for a smaller Lb isn't a bad idea.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Doc said:

It's the NFL.  It's guilty until proven innocent. 

Not just the NFL. That's the whole premise of random drug testing, regardless of the venue.

8 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

If you drink half a gallon of water, thatll add 8 pounds. Easily doable. Putting on 10 pounds for a smaller Lb isn't a bad idea.

Assuming he has normal cardiac and renal function, he would have to be chugging the gallon of water as he is walking to the scale.  And it's 8.5 pounds.

He would still be a small LB at 6'2" 246lbs.

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If it's THC who cares.

The teams should care.  He knew he was going to get tested and  did not have the self-control to stay off the pot for a while. Maybe a million dollar or so hit.  Should you count on him in other ways?

Urine testing

According to Mayo Clinic Proceedings, weed is detectable in urine for the following amounts of time after last use:

• Occasional users (up to three times a week): 3 days
  • Moderate users (four times a week): 5 to 7 days
  • Chronic users (daily): 10 to 15 days
  • Chronic heavy users (multiple times a day): more than 30 days

Cannabis metabolites are fat-soluble, which means they bind to fat molecules in your body. As a result, it can take some time for them to leave your system

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-weed-stay-in-your-system#detection-time-by-drug-test

• Like (+1) 1