Mekhi Becton fails drug test at Combine; Zack Baun had diluted sample

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Teams look at the combine drug test as more of an intelligence test. You know you are getting tested. So you are either stupid or addicted. Not my words. 

Exactly. The drugs / steroids are secondary. If you are stupid enough to not get clean before you go to the combine, that really says something about you.

34 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Zack Baun, I believe, did not pull a moronic move. His problem was that he drank too much water in attempt to artificially raise his weight and draft stock. This caused his urine sample to be dilluted, which is a yellow flag, as it is a way to not get caught with certain drugs. Now it could be that he is lying about the purpose of drinking the water, but we don't know that. Innocence until proven guilty and all that.

That's exactly what someone would say if they were trying to mask the drugs.

1 hour ago, Watkins101 said:

Zack Baun, I believe, did not pull a moronic move. His problem was that he drank too much water in attempt to artificially raise his weight and draft stock. This caused his urine sample to be dilluted, which is a yellow flag, as it is a way to not get caught with certain drugs. Now it could be that he is lying about the purpose of drinking the water, but we don't know that. Innocence until proven guilty and all that.

How did Aaron Maybin do it? Do put on like 25 lbs of muscle in 2 months. Tricked the Bills to draft him.

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

there is a good chance Benton falls. if he falls out of the top 20, teams like Bills will think about trading next years #1 to get him.

I don't care how talented he is, next years #1 for a guy who just failed a drug test knowing full well it was coming? No way! I don't care if it was weed, and I have nothing against cannabis. That's like one of us going to a 500k a year job interview drunk and expecting to get hired on the spot.  With everything we know about this regime do you really think Beane is putting up a future 1st for a combine failed drug test?

If he falls and we can trade up with the back end picks we have that's cool. 

Next years 1st? ? Jeez, some guys here on the board should be tested..

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

I’d smoke some weed if it kept me off the Bengals. 

I’d also smoke some weed if I found myself on the Bengals. 

?‍♂️

You're your own enabler.  ?

I really did that since it's fun to put two homonyms side by side.

9 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Weed, Roids ?    They aren’t going to specify ? 

For a dilute, there’s typically nothing to “report”. It’s also considered a negative test, even if it’s a federal / DOT test, although the individual employer may have policies that require a re-test. Is it a red flag that a guy can’t stay clean for a test he knows is coming? I dunno. You’d like to think that they could quit for a couple months but this day and age, most guys just don’t give a crap about trying to hide marijuana use (and I don’t necessarily blame them). 

8 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

This caused his urine sample to be dilluted, which is a yellow flag

That seems counter-intuitive.

Good to see the league recognizes the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide abuse, it kills thousands every year.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I don't care how talented he is, next years #1 for a guy who just failed a drug test knowing full well it was coming? No way! I don't care if it was weed, and I have nothing against cannabis. That's like one of us going to a 500k a year job interview drunk and expecting to get hired on the spot.  With everything we know about this regime do you really think Beane is putting up a future 1st for a combine failed drug test?

If he falls and we can trade up with the back end picks we have that's cool. 

Next years 1st? ? Jeez, some guys here on the board should be tested..

Would you really care that much though if you knew another company would hire you to the same position for the same pay? If there’s no other character concerns about a particular guy, I don’t think it’s something that will affect their draft position much. 

Nothing to see here.

Didn't the new CBA make MJ ok?

9 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Yes, yes, yes. Becton is a guy I’m really high on but this drops him down quite a bit. Should have been a top 10 lock but after this, who knows?

His floor is Browns at 10 IMO. Suppose it’s possible that he drops further, but almost no chance that he gets past Miami at 17.

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nothing to see here.

Didn't the new CBA make MJ ok?

His floor is Browns at 10 IMO. Suppose it’s possible that he drops further, but almost no chance that he gets past Miami at 17.

He has an unreal skill set. One of the better LT prospects I’ve seen in quite some time, he has everything he needs to be an elite tackle but failing a drug test takes him down a few notches in my book. It shows that he has a lazy and undisciplined mind on some level. He’s looking at the biggest payday of his life and he’s more concerned with getting high. Just a really lazy effort on his part. Who knows? Maybe he wants to drop down to a better team? Still a red flag nonetheless.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Would you really care that much though if you knew another company would hire you to the same position for the same pay? If there’s no other character concerns about a particular guy, I don’t think it’s something that will affect their draft position much. 

It's not so much the guy as it is the compensation. Nobody's kicking up a 1st for a guy who failed a drug test. Not even another company. The fact he couldn't stay clean for the biggest audition of his life is a big red flag. Why didn't he just not participate at the combine? He had to know he'd test positive. He could've just let his tape speak for itself and just do a pro day. Probably wouldn't have hurt his stock much, but now....woof! Pissed away a lot of money.

• Like (+1) 1

I get drug tested pretty regularly for work. I’ve come up diluted a cpl times. Simply drinking excess water to pee for the test. Ridiculous that’s already exposed to the public court of opinion. Test the guy again before you release this.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I get drug tested pretty regularly for work. I’ve come up diluted a cpl times. Simply drinking excess water to pee for the test. Ridiculous that’s already exposed to the public court of opinion. Test the guy again before you release this.

just covering up your meth use with drinking water i see. on to you