Wonderlic scores

The wonderlic tells me this.  Fitz is really a pathetic display physically as a QB but he has had a pretty good career because hes smart.  If you get a high wonderlic and can apply it then you have a good chance to be a good qb.  See allen and mahomes.  Being smart is only part of the issue.  Being smart and applying it is the biggest part. 

12 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

So Jedrick Willis Christmas-tree'd it the first time and actually tried the second?

Having tried it online myself, I'm betting he spent to much time on individual answers - the hardest part about it is that it goes really fast.

Josh Allen got a 37 I believe - best of all the top QB's in that touted 2018 class.  The "genius" Josh Rosen was in the mid-20's if I remember right.

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Average Score of the Alabama play makers (Judy 9, Tua 19, Ruggs 20) = 16

Though admissions standards down there in the deep south.

You really want to carefully check your typing when mocking someone else's intelligence!!!   ?

Honestly for WR's 19 and 20 are pretty good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Having tried it online myself, I'm betting he spent to much time on individual answers - the hardest part about it is that it goes really fast.

Josh Allen got a 37 I believe - best of all the top QB's in that touted 2018 class.  The "genius" Josh Rosen was in the mid-20's if I remember right.

Rumor is that Rosen tried to write with a Silver Spoon and not a pencil. Have to cut him some slack on that one. 

Breer was using Patriot tactics and saying Allen was a rock head prior to the draft. Couple that with the draft day tweet release and I’m still certain the Patsies had their eyes on our prize 

11 hours ago, MJS said:

That's just not true. You can easily prepare for it just like any other test.

Exactly. My wife does test prep for the ACT, SAT and it is abundantly clear her efforts don’t make kids “smarter”, they are just VERY prepared and their scores prove it. She could have saved the Loughlin’s hundreds of thousands of dollars and a lot of embarrassment. 

13 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I hate the Wonderlic stuff so much. I think it is beyond pointless. 

Not so, really.  CJ Spiller was a 7...and, he had so much trouble learning the play book that the Bills had the RB coach signaling in what to do from the sideline...he couldn't get the calls in the huddle.

17 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Not so, really.  CJ Spiller was a 7...and, he had so much trouble learning the play book that the Bills had the RB coach signaling in what to do from the sideline...he couldn't get the calls in the huddle.

Assuming this is true, that says more about our scouts, coaches and front office at the time than it does the Wonderlic.

With how much research and digging teams do for the draft, you’d think It would have been known that he had trouble learning plays. It shouldn’t take a Wonderlic to figure that out. There have been guys who scored low and went on to have great and HoF worthy careers.

Anyone else besides me find it appalling any college student would struggle that mightily?  First its multiple choice, you have a 1 in 4 chance of guessing answers.  Second its basic math/reasoning/language skills with some history questions.  The trick is to make sure you complete all 50 questions and not stay stuck on one.

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

Anyone else besides me find it appalling any college student would struggle that mightily?  First its multiple choice, you have a 1 in 4 chance of guessing answers.  Second its basic math/reasoning/language skills with some history questions.  The trick is to make sure you complete all 50 questions and not stay stuck on one.

No, because most football players aren’t “college students”. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That made me think about the poster who spent considerable time trying to convince everyone that Bama was the Harvard of the south a couple years ago. Anyone else remember that? Skydiver I think?

Not Bama! It was Mizzou where Brad Smith went. “Everyone acts like Brad Smith is some kind of dummy!”

46 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Not Bama! It was Mizzou where Brad Smith went. “Everyone acts like Brad Smith is some kind of dummy!”

It was a couple years ago and in reaction to Rosen making some flippant comment about Bama when he was talking about the difference between UCLA. The poster hated Rosen and started multiple threads about bama being Ivy League caliber and pulled all this data, it was fascinating  how invested he was in it ?

Edited by YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

No, because most football players aren’t “college students”. 

someone that graduated high school 20 years ago should be able to get 25 or better on that test let alone a person that took any college classes  But I get your point  My part timer at work teaches at a local community college and he gets to teach algebra prep to collegian athletes  Quite the shore to pass them in the most basic fundamentals

14 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

someone that graduated high school 20 years ago should be able to get 25 or better on that test let alone a person that took any college classes  But I get your point  My part timer at work teaches at a local community college and he gets to teach algebra prep to collegian athletes  Quite the shore to pass them in the most basic fundamentals

These guys are in college to play football, not to be students. Many of those players were afforded the same luxury in high school. There are also many brilliant players in the NFL, who were exceptional students, but other guys skate through all levels of education because their football skills. Those are the guys with pathetically low Wonderlic scores. Keep in mind, not all high schools/colleges are created equal, so you also have that. 

Edited by SirAndrew

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That made me think about the poster who spent considerable time trying to convince everyone that Bama was the Harvard of the south a couple years ago. Anyone else remember that? Skydiver I think?

Alabama is a very good school academically as long as you exempt the athletes, which is true of any school that regularly is top 5 in sports.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Alabama is a very good school academically as long as you exempt the athletes, which is true of any school that regularly is top 5 in sports.

That’s fine I’m not judging any school, and personally couldn’t care less about it . This guy’s schtick though on it being the Ivy League of the south was freaking amazing though and very entertaining. It never ended. When one thread got locked he just started another. The best part was he didn’t even attend, let alone graduate from,  that university. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s fine I’m not judging any school, and personally couldn’t care less about it . This guy’s schtick though on it being the Ivy League of the south was freaking amazing though and very entertaining. It never ended. When one thread got locked he just started another. The best part was he didn’t even attend, let alone graduate from,  that university. 

I understand- I have heard many times how bad academically the SEC schools are based on the football players alone but obviously that guy was going to  the extreme the other direction 

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Typical Bama fan though, most of them couldn’t even get accepted at the school. The stereotypical Bama fan is even a joke amongst SEC circles. 

Edited by SirAndrew

4 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

You really want to carefully check your typing when mocking someone else's intelligence!!!   ?

Honestly for WR's 19 and 20 are pretty good.

Boom! You got me. I deserved that.