Trey Burton released

I’m gonna say Redskins, Eagles, Colts. Perfect fit in Indy, to work with Jack Doyle and Philip Rivers, but Skins have a massive need there. Or maybe he goes back where he is comfortable. All of these teams have the necessary cap space. But I think the Skins make the most sense. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

He got his contract @ Chicago off the Eagles Superbowl season but was never likely to live up to that contract. He's mediocre and as such wouldn't upgrade the Bills. Its interesting that Burton has fans but Howard who has shown quite a bit more is considered washed by some people. I can see the attraction of picking him up for free versus trading for Howard but I'm just not a fan of Burton.

9 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

He got his contract @ Chicago off the Eagles Superbowl season but was never likely to live up to that contract. He's mediocre and as such wouldn't upgrade the Bills. Its interesting that Burton has fans but Howard who has shown quite a bit more is considered washed by some people. I can see the attraction of picking him up for free versus trading for Howard but I'm just not a fan of Burton.

Howard's issue is he's hurt all the damn time and we would have to trade for him. If it's for a later pick then sure, I'd rather have Howard. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Marshallp29 said:

I dont understand the people that say "crowded TE room" if most of the TE's in that room are below average you make a move!

I’m one of those “crowded TE room” people and it’s not that you don’t make a move, it’s that you make a move for a proven difference maker only, and not an injured player with chronic groin issues. 

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think there should be a rule that an opening post needs to be longer than the thread title.

he’s done this several times already and been told not to. He simply doesn’t care. And he’ll never be back to his own thread, so he’ll never see these comments.