EJ Manuel Reflects On His Career As The Bills Future QB

On 4/17/2020 at 1:17 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

Eh, we all know he was overdrafted, but he was terrible and all he did was regress. When coaches doubted him, you would thing he would push harder. A professional athlete without confidence is useless. He also probably should have started to learn to read defenses before half way through his rookie season. 

This.  He was over drafted & really benefitted from being in the worst QB class to come out in years.  He wasn't really a QB at FSU, he was a receiver/athlete trying to play the QB position.  The comparison to Allen as far as athletic ability as far as the QB position is concerned is laughable.  It is not close.  

My son used to play soccer with Chris Brown's son & I asked Chris the night before the draft at one of the boys game which way the bills were going & he said " I keep hearing that the bills like Manuel."  I just said "oh god." & he said "I know, I hope it is a smoke screen." 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

This.  He was over drafted & really benefitted from being in the worst QB class to come out in years.  He wasn't really a QB at FSU, he was a receiver/athlete trying to play the QB position.  The comparison to Allen as far as athletic ability as far as the QB position is concerned is laughable.  It is not close.  

My son used to play soccer with Chris Brown's son & I asked Chris the night before the draft at one of the boys game which way the bills were going & he said " I keep hearing that the bills like Manuel."  I just said "oh god." & he said "I know, I hope it is a smoke screen." 

Why can’t Chris be more candid like that on-air?  I always skip by any of his reports or interviews on WGR.  A real snooze-fest.  

Good story though 

You could’ve put EJ on that 2014 Steelers offense and he still would’ve been putrid. EJ was lucky that he was on a team that was a total ***** show because it took most of the blame off of his ***** show. EJ was just a bad QB and that’s all that needs to be said. He had some talent on that offense and I remember rewatching games every week where he missed on a big play or didn’t even seen the WR coming open. EJ, Tyrod and Peterman had the worst field vision that I have ever seen from 3 QB’s. 

17 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Why can’t Chris be more candid like that on-air?  I always skip by any of his reports or interviews on WGR.  A real snooze-fest.  

Good story though 

I could only tell you about the 2 years our sons played together and Chris was nothing but a gentleman, pretty good soccer player/coach also.  He used to help out a lot at the practices.  He was pretty candid when I would ask him about the Bills.  He was always very interesting to talk too.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I could only tell you about the 2 years our sons played together and Chris was nothing but a gentleman, pretty good soccer player/coach also.  He used to help out a lot at the practices.  He was pretty candid when I would ask him about the Bills.  He was always very interesting to talk too.  

I can see that.  He seems to have a good reputation among beat reporters as well.  But to me it just seems that he can’t really be the “journalist” he portrays himself to be, given the fact that he’s employed by the team he’s covering.

I find he’s reluctant to criticize the Bills and his press conference questions were always weak - especially during the Rex Ryan years when you wanted answers.  

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Good story though 

It's nothing but softball questions. 

Brandon Beane holds a COVID-19  press conference and he's chomping at the bit to ask about continuity. That's an old Jauron holdover word. 

And the thing that bugs me the most about Chris Brown, is he tries to sell all of this to the fans. Listen to him on Sunday Morning Countdown, always picks the Bills. When Jauron was here, Chris Brown was the mouthpiece of "hard work, watching the tape, fixing the mistakes", with Chan it was "the whole league is switching to the 3-4" and being onboard when Nix was calling Fitzpatrick a Franchise QB, Doug Marrone was sold as a "dynamic, innovator", then Rex was going to give us the schematic advantage on defense, and now we love the detailed, no-nonsense approach of McDermott/Beane. 

Chris Brown spits out cliche after cliche that he has heard from Coaches over the years, but consistently has overrated the talent on the Bills roster compared to a realistic view across the entire league. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It's nothing but softball questions. 

Brandon Beane holds a COVID-19  press conference and he's chomping at the bit to ask about continuity. That's an old Jauron holdover word. 

And the thing that bugs me the most about Chris Brown, is he tries to sell all of this to the fans. Listen to him on Sunday Morning Countdown, always picks the Bills. When Jauron was here, Chris Brown was the mouthpiece of "hard work, watching the tape, fixing the mistakes", with Chan it was "the whole league is switching to the 3-4" and being onboard when Nix was calling Fitzpatrick a Franchise QB, Doug Marrone was sold as a "dynamic, innovator", then Rex was going to give us the schematic advantage on defense, and now we love the detailed, no-nonsense approach of McDermott/Beane. 

Chris Brown spits out cliche after cliche that he has heard from Coaches over the years, but consistently has overrated the talent on the Bills roster compared to a realistic view across the entire league. 

This was infuriating about Brown’s reporting.  I don’t listen as much to him these days, so I don’t know how he has covered Beane/McDermott.  But I do remember him trying to sell the crappy Bills product under Jauron and Gailey.  So much that it made me tune him out.  It was more marketing than unbiased reporting.  

I guess it’s fine as long as they are honest about it...but he’s still positioned as a “!@#$”

I also remember when reports were swirling about Chan getting fired, he reported that he might not get fired because continuity is important.  Come on!

I do think this might have changed a little...but like I said, I don’t really listen anymore.

Edited by Phil The Thrill