T.O. says hi.

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

2009 will live in lure.

All I can say is that I was one of the morons in the stands for the greatest game ever............. The infamous 6-3 game against the Browns.

?

I don’t know man, I drove to Atlanta, two days after Christmas, for the Brian Brohm Experience. On purpose. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think the Bills want players who are versatile. Owens at his age would be limited. Like he said, a 3rd down/red zone target. Maybe if injuries bite and you're desperate but not now.

Agreed. More than anything I’m just curious what he has left in the tank, if anything at all. 

For all the criticism that followed him around, fitness, work ethic, and drive were never part of that conversation. If he thinks he has the ability to still contribute in this league, I’m tempted to trust him. Signing though...that’s a different conversation. 

Edited by Mango

TO was a model citizen here and repped the Bills properly, while also being a damn good receiver on a ***** bag of a team.  Vet minimum at 46 (fixed) years of age for 5th or 6th receiver (at best)?  Shake his hand, say thank you for being the epitome of a good Bill in 2009, and wish him the best.  

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

TO was a model citizen here and repped the Bills properly, while also being a damn good receiver on a ***** bag of a team.  Vet minimum at 42 years of age for 5th or 6th receiver (at best)?  Shake his hand, say thank you for being the epitome of a good Bill in 2009, an wish him the best.  

TO is 46 now. I’ve seen 42 thrown around a few times on the board, and had to look it up since I remembered him being in his mid 30’s back in 2009. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think the Bills want players who are versatile. Owens at his age would be limited. Like he said, a 3rd down/red zone target. Maybe if injuries bite and you're desperate but not now.

Yeah, there aren’t many guys at 46 who can play NFL football, even former greats, and he’d be 47 by the end of the season. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

TO is 46 now. I’ve seen 42 thrown around a few times on the board, and had to look it up since I remembered him being in his mid 30’s back in 2009. 

Yeah, there aren’t many guys at 46 who can play NFL football, even former greats, and he’d be 47 by the end of the season. 

Has he tried kicking?  Players who kick seem to last longer.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It makes perfect sense.  Ralph only wanted to hire a GM he knew. That limited the search to about 3 candidates - most were likely internal 

Go back and read the bolded portion of Nix's quote.  He said that everything they did at that time was to make a splash, sell tickets, be relevant....yet they hired him the same year as they signed TO 

I might be in the minority but I didn’t care for him when he was playing here. I knew he was near the end of his career and the Bills had no interest in bringing him back after the 2009 season ended. Him and Fitzpatrick had a cool little run toward the end. Love that 97 yard bomber against Jacksonville but overall was not a fan of his. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

50 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Go back and read the bolded portion of Nix's quote.  He said that everything they did at that time was to make a splash, sell tickets, be relevant....yet they hired him the same year as they signed TO 

Read the article.... I though you were asking how I’m the blue hell Buddy became GM.  That’s how

22 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

TO was a model citizen here and repped the Bills properly, while also being a damn good receiver on a ***** bag of a team.  Vet minimum at 46 (fixed) years of age for 5th or 6th receiver (at best)?  Shake his hand, say thank you for being the epitome of a good Bill in 2009, and wish him the best.  

Bring him back...…...to lead the charge....not as a player.

Maybe he could hook up with AW 23 and Merriman and do a little tailgating with the fans :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/17/2020 at 1:28 PM, stevewin said:

image.jpeg.d3ae22a231e7c4cdad2aeab2fbc82974.jpeg

That image still makes me sick to my stomach! 

On 4/17/2020 at 3:20 PM, Westside Madness said:

If you look away from TO for a moment and stare at AB for 5 min, then look back at TO, TO looks like Fitzgerald...lol.

Great post! ?

On 4/17/2020 at 4:41 PM, Mark Vader said:

Absolutely.

I'm surprised that he still acknowledges Buffalo like this. He was here for one season and I would think it's a time he wants to forget. Yet he sends this message and he was here the night Thurman's number was retired.

I give him credit for it. Thanks, T.O.

I don't have a sub for the Athletic, but if you click on the link, you get a preview of the first three paragraphs and it explains that when he came back for Thurman's jersey retirement, that he got a bigger ovation from the Bills fans than he did in San Fran when they inducted him into the Niners HOF. And that no other fans of teams he played for accept him like they do in Buffalo. His quote in the article is:

"Dude, honestly it gets me a little choked up now just from taking myself back to that night. As soon as they recognized that I was in the stadium, just the response that I got, you would have thought that I spent my entire career there in Buffalo."

• Like (+1) 5

Pretty good TO interview on Howard and Jeremy today, 27 min.  Missed the question a couple times but he does say multiple times how he enjoyed his time in Buffalo, closing with how much it meant to him how we cheered him when he was here for Thurman's jersey retirement.  He also makes it clear he is no Buddy Nix fan...worth a listen