T.O. says hi.

The Athletic Story by Matthew Fairburn about TO is excellent.  Buddy Nix's comments are gold....here's one..

https://theathletic.com/1751439/2020/04/17/reliving-terrell-owens-season-with-the-bills-and-that-key-to-the-city/ (Paywall)

Buddy Nix on the signing:

“I had nothing to do with it,” Nix said. “I was a national scout. They did call me at home. I remember standing out in front of my house and telling them, ‘I wouldn’t do that.’ But they did anyway. Listen, a lot of the decisions during that time were made just for what T.O. was signed for: a splash, for tickets, to be relevant.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

The Athletic Story by Matthew Fairburn about TO is excellent.  Buddy Nix's comments are gold....here's one..

https://theathletic.com/1751439/2020/04/17/reliving-terrell-owens-season-with-the-bills-and-that-key-to-the-city/ (Paywall)

“I had nothing to do with it,” Nix said. “I was a national scout. They did call me at home. I remember standing out in front of my house and telling them, ‘I wouldn’t do that.’ But they did anyway. Listen, a lot of the decisions during that time were made just for what T.O. was signed for: a splash, for tickets, to be relevant.”

Nix has a point. It's nice to be actually building something these days. Moves are made to help win games and keep the team solid for the future. No more dumb Russ Brandon publicity stunts.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

T.O. brought memories to the field that season & a buzz to the fan base . He also holds a record with the Bills for the longest pass play in Bills history & Fitz threw the ball to him I was excited to see him come to B/lo & although is a very small part of Bills history until someone breaks his record will continue to have that very small piece of the Bills record books .

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

T.O coming in gave the Bills their first sense of relevancy since 2004 when they had that epic defense. Granted it didn't result in much success but it put some energy into the season and into the fan base something they hadn't had in a long time. The 7-9 malaise of the Jauron years along with the middle of the drought was just killing the energy of the fanbase. TO at least for a brief moment gave the Bills some hope and relevance for that season. On the field the issues were larger and while TO was a positive contributor I think the team was a lot more pieces away from contending than just adding an above average WR. 

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Russ Brandon come on down!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, njbuff said:

2009 will live in lure.

All I can say is that I was one of the morons in the stands for the greatest game ever............. The infamous 6-3 game against the Browns.

?

same here.   was that 2009?

47 minutes ago, njbuff said:

2009 will live in lure.

All I can say is that I was one of the morons in the stands for the greatest game ever............. The infamous 6-3 game against the Browns.

?

That may have been the game I texted the fan hotline that Dickie J was ruining my game day experience. 

2 weeks later he got fired

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

T.O coming in gave the Bills their first sense of relevancy since 2004 when they had that epic defense. Granted it didn't result in much success but it put some energy into the season and into the fan base something they hadn't had in a long time. The 7-9 malaise of the Jauron years along with the middle of the drought was just killing the energy of the fanbase. TO at least for a brief moment gave the Bills some hope and relevance for that season. On the field the issues were larger and while TO was a positive contributor I think the team was a lot more pieces away from contending than just adding an above average WR. 

After Fred & Fitzy, TO was my favorite Bill for the last 10+ years of the drought.:thumbsup:

51 minutes ago, JoeF said:

image.jpeg.d3ae22a231e7c4cdad2aeab2fbc82974.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1