Jamal Adams/Jets trade chatter starts back up

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Jets did sign the LT out of Seattle, they could snake around in round 2 and help their O-line at RT. 

George fant? Lol Overpaid the guy 29 million too much. He’s beyond horrible, teams defenses are gonna have a field day playing against the jets oline

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

The Jets were kind of in the same place we were going into last season.  

Young QB.  Awful OL. No playmakers.  Good defense. 

Beane rebuilt the OL, added Brown/Beasley and hit on Singletary and Knox. 

The Jets added Crowder, signed a worn down RB to a monster deal, drafted a blocking TE and then broke the bank for a LB.  

That offseason put us a full year ahead of the Jets, and this offseason is shaping up to add another year on top of that.  

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They almost have to take one of the OTs

It's a half glass full or empty situation for them.

They'll get a good player but they have so many holes they will still be missing a key piece on offense either way. I really don't think Adams is that great. If a team were to offer a first round pick for him I'd be doing that deal in a heart beat if I am the Jets.

3 hours ago, CNYfan said:

The Jets have won 7 of their last 8; while the Bill's have lost 4 of their last 5.

Maybe we better see how the season starts, if it does and then see where we stand.

Jets ended their season with the same cupcake schedule the Bills had in the beginning. Jets lost to the winless and Bengals and Dolphins. Jets put up 13 pts against our 3rd stringers one of which was a WR playing CB. Enough said

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

The Jets were kind of in the same place we were going into last season.  

Young QB.  Awful OL. No playmakers.  Good defense. 

Beane rebuilt the OL, added Brown/Beasley and hit on Singletary and Knox. 

The Jets added Crowder, signed a worn down RB to a monster deal, drafted a blocking TE and then broke the bank for a LB.  

That offseason put us a full year ahead of the Jets, and this offseason is shaping up to add another year on top of that.  

Hmm, despite that I think the Jets are better than most give them credit for. They seem like an 8-8 team to me. Darnold was out with mono all those games but they still came back and won 7 games.

Similarly, fans seem to be giving the Dolphins a lot of credit because ... they didn't suck as much as everyone expected? They only won 5 games, and I guess since one of those wins was against the Pats they are an off season darling now. No, I think they'll still suck and win less than 7 games, good for last in the AFC East.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, CNYfan said:

The Jets have won 7 of their last 8; while the Bill's have lost 4 of their last 5.

Maybe we better see how the season starts, if it does and then see where we stand.

Those numbers are totally bogus anyway since one is a playoff game and the other a game where we rested everyone beyond the first quarter. Plus, if we take a deeper dive we see that the Jets were creamed by both the Pats and Ravens in blow-out losses. Bills took both down to the final possession in one score games. Jets loss to both the Bengals and the Dolphins. Bills had their struggle with each of those teams but did not lose to either.

18 hours ago, CNYfan said:

the jets lost to the ravens and bengals in their last 8 so your numbers are off. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MJS said:

Hmm, despite that I think the Jets are better than most give them credit for. They seem like an 8-8 team to me.

I think 8-8 is their ceiling, and a very unlikely one. Since they lost Robby Anderson they now have one of the worst WR groups in the league and the consensus is they will not be drafting a WR in the 1st. They haven't made any meaningful upgrades and it sounds like the best player on their defense is about to be traded. Plus they have the same difficult schedule that we do. I have them at 5-11. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think 8-8 is their ceiling, and a very unlikely one. Since they lost Robby Anderson they now have one of the worst WR groups in the league and the consensus is they will not be drafting a WR in the 1st. They haven't made any meaningful upgrades and it sounds like the best player on their defense is about to be traded. Plus they have the same difficult schedule that we do. I have them at 5-11. 

Their roster is trash. They have a couple good to great players and no depth. 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

8-8? I think that’s being too generous , their roster looks like garbage and will only get worse especially if they ***** can Adams. Their roster is shaping up to look like what Miami’s roster looked like during Gases last year there. Again it’s pretty noticeable that no one wants to play for him. I say 4-12 at the worst 6-10 or 7-9 at the best

14 hours ago, hjnick said:

Gase, pay the man! 20MIL/yr... Do not waste one second.  Pay your best safety top $$$.

The Jets are too cheap to pay they’re players lol. Most players that play for the jets end up wanting out lol

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their roster is trash. They have a couple good to great players and no depth. 

I think their biggest obstacle is their bad oline.  But their defense will still be good and I do not think they will only win 5 games. Guess we'll find out.

15 hours ago, MJS said:

I think their biggest obstacle is their bad oline.  But their defense will still be good and I do not think they will only win 5 games. Guess we'll find out.

Look at their schedule and see if you can find 6 games they'll be favored in. I had trouble finding 5.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:43 AM, CapeBreton said:

We need Adam Gase to stay in New York as long as possible. The guy is an absolute fraud. Got to assume he gets canned after next season though.

"Four more years! Four more years!"

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

Look at their schedule and see if you can find 6 games they'll be favored in. I had trouble finding 5.

And yet, they still play the games. And the results often shock people. They could beat the Bills once, Dolphins twice, Pats once or twice, Broncos, Cardinals, Raiders. That's seven or eight wins right there. The Bills aren't some powerhouse that can easily sweep all their divisional foes. Yeah, I do expect to beat the Jets twice, but it wouldn't be crazy if we didn't. And who knows what the Patriots will look like...