PSA- Beane on PMT

plenzmd1

Heads up. Beane is on Pardon My Take Friday’s podcast. I have not listened yet, but should be good. 

for those who have never listened to PMT, they  are very funny, but can be too crude for some folks , especially with language. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just listened to it.  Talked about needing a #1 WR and how they tried to go after some guys at the trade deadline last season.  Bemoaned having to settle for FGs at Houston.  Said at the end of the day they know they have to score more points.  Diggs is better than what they felt they could get at #22 and (pats self on back) with the COVID-19 situation having a veteran rather than a rookie was a consideration also.

Otherwise, nothing too insightful.  Apparently Frank Gore has large balls.

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For those of you that don't listen to PMT or follow them on Twitter, they're the guys who created DraftJoshAllen.com and started the "big hands, rocket arm, tall, looks good in shorts" stuff lol. They're big JA guys. Loved the interview. My big takeaway is that its confirmed that Frank Gore has huge balls. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Just listened to it.  Talked about needing a #1 WR and how they tried to go after some guys at the trade deadline last season.  Bemoaned having to settle for FGs at Houston.  Said at the end of the day they know they have to score more points.  Diggs is better than what they felt they could get at #22 and (pats self on back) with the COVID-19 situation having a veteran rather than a rookie was a consideration also.

Otherwise, nothing too insightful.  Apparently Frank Gore has large balls.

HC says they didn’t need #1 WR.

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

HC says they didn’t need #1 WR.

When you don’t have a #1 wr and your team is making a playoff push, why would a coach say that they need a #1 wr?

just wondering

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

When you don’t have a #1 wr and your team is making a playoff push, why would a coach say that they need a #1 wr?

just wondering

Poster upstream said Beane said they were trying to get a #1 WR last season before the trade deadline.  Yet McD had already stated that todays' NFL doesn't require one.

Then Beane himself said this "“I’m not one that subscribes to a ‘number one receiver’,” Beane told reporters during the NFL Combine. last year

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Poster upstream said Beane said they were trying to get a #1 WR last season before the trade deadline.  Yet McD had already stated that todays' NFL doesn't require one.

Then Beane himself said this "“I’m not one that subscribes to a ‘number one receiver’,” Beane told reporters during the NFL Combine. last year

In this interview, he also acknowledged that the Bills need to score more points and that it was frustrating settling for field goals in the playoff game against the Texans. 

Does saying that they don’t need a “true #1 receiver” mean that they aren’t allowed to get a really good receiver who can help the team? Are all good receivers automatically banned from discussion? Even when they say that the team needs to score more points? Because that would be dumb. 

8 minutes ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

In this interview, he also acknowledged that the Bills need to score more points and that it was frustrating settling for field goals in the playoff game against the Texans. 

Does saying that they don’t need a “true #1 receiver” mean that they aren’t allowed to get a really good receiver who can help the team? Are all good receivers automatically banned from discussion? Even when they say that the team needs to score more points? Because that would be dumb. 

The point is that it is good news that he revised his thoughts on the (obvious) need for a #1 WR from a year ago and got one.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

And like I had asked.  When you don’t have a #1 wr and you are a team clearly improving and making a push, what would you say when asked about not having a #1 WR.  

it’s not as if they just offer their opinion on the matter. They were asked about a #1 WR.  They didn’t have a legit #1.  So, what would you say?

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The point is that it is good news that he revised his thoughts on the (obvious) need for a #1 WR from a year ago and got one.

they knew they needed a number 1.  They tried to trade for AB.  It didn’t look to be a strong WR by my estimation.  The FA class was lame.  

They just didn’t have one and they answered the questions like they’re supposed to.  You can’t believe that all these interviews answers are the truth

• Thank you (+1) 1