GM Power Rankings -- Where is Beane?

cage

GM Power Rankings -- Where is Beane?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Where should Brandon Beane be ranked among NFL GMs?

• Top 5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • Not enough info to rate yet

5 minutes ago, cage said:

I'll just give you a link to the article.  If you haven't seen it yet, vote first

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109659/article/nfl-gm-power-rankings-brett-veach-john-lynch-surge-up-list

Came out #12.  As I look at the list it seems he should be in that 6-10 grouping.  I'm not sure that Indianapolis and Tennessee have done enough yet to really warrant being rated that high.  The hit rate on both draft picks and free agency has to be near the top of the league.  The organizational culture change is also impressive.  He's also been willing to be bold in making his moves.  I'd put him at #9 at this point.

1 hour ago, cage said:

The hit rate on both draft picks and free agency has to be near the top of the league.  The organizational culture change is also impressive.  He's also been willing to be bold in making his moves.  I'd put him at #9 at this point.

Yeah basically the same thing for me. I basically slot him 7 to 10. When we win more games and he continues handling contracts well....he will slip into a solid top 5.

Edited by aceman_16
grammur
  • Like (+1) 1

I put him in the 6-10 range. He has done a good job so far. Two playoff appearances in three years. Cleaned up the cap and built a solid roster. The Bills need to win a playoff game and eventually go on a playoff run for him to get into the 1-5 range. They win the Super Bowl then he is #1 at least for Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1

They put him at 12 which was very generous because none of his round 1 or 2 picks have lived up to their draft position yet. At least we got an elite player by trading away our 1st rounder this year. His FA signees have been mixed -- Some OK, some bad signings. I'm deeply disappointed with this year's crop of FA's, especially considering how much money we had to spend. I'm worried that we may face another irrelevant December with the playoffs out of reach given the schedule and lack of improvement during FA.

• Like (+1) 1

On that list, I would say 10th. Snead is a terrible GM, he got lucky with a coach but he just wastes picks on high value trades causing cap issues. And I don't really know Dimitroff has done to deserve his spot. But above that I wouldn't argue 

Edited by Mountain Man