Von Miller tests positive for Covid 19

6 hours ago, skibum said:

How do multimillionaires get COVID? You live in a mansion and can pay people to bring you everything your heart desires. You don't have to go anywhere, and can be completely comfortable doing so. I don't get it. 

He just was interviewed and said he doesn't know how he got it.  He said he has quarantined himself the last month and only been out

something like 4 times and was taking precautions.

FWIW.

21 hours ago, Logic said:

His comment is relevant to COVID-19. Asthmatics are at greater risk.

Actually a report out today shows this hasn’t been the case, it was just assumed it would be. There is just so much they still do not know...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Actually a report out today shows this hasn’t been the case, it was just assumed it would be. There is just so much they still do not know...

The bolded is the real takeaway here. It's tough to compare across reports/studies and they use different criteria and methodology.  It's one thing to say who is more susceptible to acquiring the virus and quite another to say who will likely be more harmed if they get the virus. 

22 minutes ago, boater said:

Fasten your seat belts. Of the 1700 players, 11 will die of the Chinese Virus in the next few months.

:thumbdown:  Pitiful in so many ways.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, The Dean said:

The bolded is the real takeaway here. It's tough to compare across reports/studies and they use different criteria and methodology.  It's one thing to say who is more susceptible to acquiring the virus and quite another to say who will likely be more harmed if they get the virus. 

:thumbdown:  Pitiful in so many ways.

It very well may be that people with Asthma are being much more careful as they know the danger. To early to tell, but so far they are way down the list of comorbidity infections.

14 hours ago, skibum said:

How do multimillionaires get COVID? You live in a mansion and can pay people to bring you everything your heart desires. You don't have to go anywhere, and can be completely comfortable doing so. I don't get it. 

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He just was interviewed and said he doesn't know how he got it.  He said he has quarantined himself the last month and only been out

something like 4 times and was taking precautions.

FWIW.

Oh yeah, taking precautions in his quarantine like still having plenty of people coming and going from his house by his own admission.  "So I've been taking it serious, staying at home. Of course, you know I have people come in and out, like workers, maids, people that come do the plumbing, just everyday stuff."

Money turns even smart people dumb.  Tell your workers and maids and plumbers (unless it is a catastrophic emergency you can't Google how to fix yourself) to flipping stay home or at least out of your house.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Vonn Miller majored in farming. I’m not being funny. He actually has a chicken farm(factory farming) kinda like that South Dakota Smithfield factory. Not sure how involved he is but thought it was interesting that he got the CV ?. Many of those places are pretty nasty  before you add a pandemic. Many people from all over the world work in those places. Not too surprising ? ? 

On 4/16/2020 at 6:14 PM, machine gun kelly said:

kmart, no it’s not.  I’m not hair on fire, but hasn’t even hit the peak.  Doesn’t mean we won’t have a season, but I’m worried about loved ones and friends not getting it.  If fortunate, it will drop, but it hasn’t yet.  

Actually you were wrong. As I posted that the infection rate just started to decrease. And the total death numbers were down. The peak was around easter. And thats what all the models showed before then. It hadnt dropped much at the time of posting it was still close to the peak  but that was the beginning of the down slope.

On 4/17/2020 at 6:17 AM, skibum said:

Is this serious?

13 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I call it the Chinese Virus too.

Totally necessary and not at all xenophobic! ?

Anyway, Miller said himself he has only left his house maybe once or twice to get food, but has otherwise been home for over a month. Said a plumber and another work man came to his house during that time. All those speculating as to what activities he was engaged in to get the virus are doing just that — speculating.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 11:07 AM, Logic said:

Totally necessary and not at all xenophobic! ?

Anyway, Miller said himself he has only left his house maybe once or twice to get food, but has otherwise been home for over a month. Said a plumber and another work man came to his house during that time. All those speculating as to what activities he was engaged in to get the virus are doing just that — speculating.

Wasnt the Navy ship out from port for over a month? If thst is the case he could have gotten it from anything. 

Edited by fansince88

On 4/18/2020 at 12:55 AM, Paul Costa said:

Vonn Miller majored in farming. I’m not being funny. He actually has a chicken farm(factory farming) kinda like that South Dakota Smithfield factory. Not sure how involved he is but thought it was interesting that he got the CV ?. Many of those places are pretty nasty  before you add a pandemic. Many people from all over the world work in those places. Not too surprising ? ? 

I'm curious, how many of those farms have you been to?