Von Miller tests positive for Covid 19

19 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Yup. People are buying into the fear mongering news networks. 5 months until the first game 

They uh, gonna practice or get together at all before the first game? 

Sucks for Von, though, I've always been a fan. He's got asthma, altitude, and a love for God's greatest herb which all could impact him a bit. 

Edited by Nelius

4 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

The season is 5 months away. Doesn’t mean there will be no season. 

While I think the time period to say anything about the season is too far off.

That being said the season really starts in 3 months with training camp. Games are in 5.  (yes i know semantics) 

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

You never know, crazier things have happened and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did or at least postpone it for the time being

The NFL and the PA both have a mutual goal: make the league into a 25B industry by 2024.  That element to the league starting is going to have an impact if many teams are in regions that pass thru the phases identified by the Task Force today.

Making money is a huuuge factor to all of this.  If it can be done the powers that be will get it done.    

6 hours ago, Putin said:

My wife has asthma it’s a scares the hell out of me every time I need to leave the house ,

when I come home after work I get undressed outside and go straight in to the shower ,,, it’s really scary for people who’s got respiratory issues 

My wife too and its been affecting her. I feel terrible and definitely want to keep her safe.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure about the case of Brian Allen and the circumstances. But in the case of Von Miller, if you're good and you're not feeling sick then why was a test administered in the first place? 

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Not sure about the case of Brian Allen and the circumstances. But in the case of Von Miller, if you're good and you're not feeling sick then why was a test administered in the first place? 

Proximity And exposure to someone who is positive can be one. 

• Like (+1) 1

As to the season beginning on time, or happening?

I'm very doubtful.  There are just too many people involved in the player's lives who could expose them.  And, once you take the show on the road, the number of people involved multiplies greatly.

No games could be held in hot spots.  That takes away LA, NYC, Boston, New Orleans, Detroit, Seattle, and more.

If one player tests positive for any team, all exposed team members and personnel would need to be quarantined.  Then you'll have a situation where some games are played and some not played...

That leads to repeat testing.  Tests are still in short supply.  Repeatedly testing players, and ANY person who can pass covid to them so they can play games will likely be seen by many as waste of crucial resources.  

It's sad and unthinkable.  But there's a lot of that going around.  I hope I'm wrong and "the season is still 5 months away crowd" are right, I really do.  But that 5 month window has a decision component that is markedly shorter.

• Like (+1) 2

How do multimillionaires get COVID? You live in a mansion and can pay people to bring you everything your heart desires. You don't have to go anywhere, and can be completely comfortable doing so. I don't get it. 

1 minute ago, skibum said:

How do multimillionaires get COVID? You live in a mansion and can pay people to bring you everything your heart desires. You don't have to go anywhere, and can be completely comfortable doing so. I don't get it. 

It's because nobody can tell a millionaire what to do. They are like kids, when you tell them not to do something they just want to do it more. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

You never know, crazier things have happened and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did or at least postpone it for the time being

I mean - Football doesn't exactly require ideal conditions.  They can start the season whenever they want to and the networks will air it since its the best ratings they'll get.  Would it piss off baseball or something? Probably, but what can they do?

16 hours ago, Putin said:

My wife has asthma it’s a scares the hell out of me every time I need to leave the house ,

when I come home after work I get undressed outside and go straight in to the shower ,,, it’s really scary for people who’s got respiratory issues 

More scary for your neighbors

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, skibum said:

There have been Instagrams posted of NFL athletes still working out with personal trainers at gyms (Stefon Diggs was one).

There is some evidence that people exerting themselves (running, etc) put out more aerosolized particles and the particles travel a longer distance - meters not feet.  What is the air circulation like in those gyms?  Plus, in some of the Instas I saw, the trainers and even the other athletes are pretty durn close, not 6 feet away.  So even if the evidence is wrong, still too close.

If you are paying people to clean, cook, maintain your lawn, pool, etc .....you may effectively be in contact with everyone those people are in contact with

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It's because nobody can tell a millionaire what to do. They are like kids, when you tell them not to do something they just want to do it more. 

That may be, but some of these guys are legit worried to "protect their investment" by continuing their personal training regimes, too.