lowest value of draft picks

dbfla10

14 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

"lowest value of draft picks" wasn't clear enough. what should the title of been, unreal.

I totally agree. I think it just shows that its gonna be tough for the Bills to move up other than in the later rounds. If the Bills want to move up in the 2nd or 3rd round they'll probably have to give up capital in next years draft. 

If they want to move up in the 2nd round, trading their 3rd rounder would move them up 16 spots.  Trading their 4th rounder would move them up 4 spots.  It can be done without sacrificing next year's picks but I'm not sure it's worth it.

Edited by Doc

13 hours ago, DFT said:

Stefon Diggs disagrees with this statement...

Yeah, this is always the rub when people rate draft results too.  Do you include players like Diggs where picks were used to trade for him?  What about picks given up to get a player in another year?  Or picks added to other years?  Sure, the Bills don’t have much draft capital left for next weekend, but Diggs is a huge addition and overlooking him doesn’t seem right either.  

• Like (+1) 1

It’s just becuase they are a team picking in the back third of the round without a first round pick. It skews everything. If they picked higher in the round, it wouldn’t matter as much and they would have more perceived value. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

5 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

It's nonsense. It deliberately ignores the fact that teams like the Bills and Steelers traded their picks for players. Tables like this should include Diggs and Fitzpatrick as part of the value

But then it would be a useful chart...  The  draft part of roster building does not exist in a bubble, the chart by itself does not convey the current state of any of the teams, which reduces it value tremendously. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/17/2020 at 6:53 AM, machine gun kelly said:

As Sal has mentioned, if before the Diggs trade we had 9 picks and still have 7, we wouldn’t be able to find spots for all of these players.  My hope is however he can bundle 7 picks into 4 players, and hopefully find three that can start or at least be a rotational player.  We need quality, not quantity at this point.  

I think that they will try to move up, but in my opinion they will sit tight in rounds 2 and 3 and then try to move up in round 4.  I don’t think that they will be willing to give up their 3rd or 4th to move up earlier.  3 of those 7 picks are in rounds 6 & 7 and they have little trade value.

On 4/17/2020 at 6:39 AM, Billy Claude said:

I don't know why people get their panties in a twist over stuff like this.  Its just a statement of fact -- the Bills don't have much draft capital this year.   It doesn't give an opinion about why this is the case.

We got a starting #1 WR. 

We probably get a starting RB2 and eventually a starting young wr. Maybe a developmental edge guy? It wouldn't shock me to see us get 4 starters from our first 4 picks including Diggs. We'll be just fine!

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Beane's comment about the uncertainty of developing this year's picks because of coronavirus was pretty interesting... It looks like a good draft to divest from and instead get proven players, trade up for prospects that need the least development, and hope that player development returns to normal next year