Bills in talks with both Dawkins and Milano (Both represented by the same agency)

56 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Wow. Just wow. Can you ever recall a dumb move that the Bills made? :) 

You are lucky and I am not joking. I am sure that I would be a happier person if I was a blind, one way of thinking optimist.

You’re missing the the point of my entire argument. 

The Buffalo Bills have undoubtedly made dumb moves, highlighted by the fact they went 20 years without being in the playoffs. That concept isn’t up for debate. 

Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. Just because they work for the Bills now, does not mean that when they sign their contract on the dotted line they are hereby required to think and act and make moves akin to regimes of the past. 

AND YES. You can pull up dumb moves that they’re made, I’m sure of it. What fans don’t understand is that there are micro and macro “bad moves”. A micro bad move would be $1M depth signing that we hand out to compete for the backend of the roster... it’s not even a bad move... there are only so many spots. A REAL micro bad move would be trading back in the first because you don’t have enough trusted information to take a QB in your first year and you end up with an All-Pro corner and an extra 1st rounder you use to take your franchise QB the following year after making the playoffs in your first season with a roster expected to win 4 games. 

A macro bad move is drafting Zay Jones or trading a 3rd for Kelvin Benjamin. Those are things to be upset about... they flat out didn’t have anything positive come from them... but people here can’t differentiate. Just like they can’t recognize that because Tom Donahoe let Nate Clements walk doesn’t mean that Brandon Beane is going to let Tre White walk. 

This all started because you tried to compare their potential actions with Tre White to the losses of Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield and whoever else... guess what... it doesn’t matter what happened with those guys because McDermott/Beane were not pulling the strings then. It’s the simple - there is no pattern, the people making the decisions are different. The team may be the same, but the people are not. 

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yes, Deshaun Watson was a College Football National Champion. You know what other quarterbacks were...? Matt Leinert (2004), Vince Young (2005), Matt Flynn (2007), AJ McCarron (2011), Cardale Jones (2015). Real top notch crew... all played for Buffalo at one point! 

The Browns, Bears (who took a QB other than Mahomes/Watson), Jaguars, Titans, Jets all needed a QB. That’s 5 teams that passed on those guys and 1 that not only chose a different QB but traded from pick #3 to pick #2 that night to ensure that they got a QB other than Mahomes/Watson. 

It can’t be a continuation of idiocy when the current regime, in its entirety wasn’t in place. I’m pretty sure we have 0 members of Football Operations from the draft and they were all let go when Beane came in... which was after the draft. You don’t let a lame duck GM make a franchise altering decision... McDermott had to operate off the information that Whaley’s scouts produced... not his scouts, not Beane’s scouts. 

Also, saying we desperately needed a QB is a stretch. Tyrod was a consistent albeit unspectacular QB that was at the helm when we broke the drought... that another team valued enough to give us a 3rd round pick when it was obvious we would cut him AND the San Diego Chargers are going to start this year. 

Talk about revisionist history. Mariota and Bortles were both coming off decent seasons, Mariota was actually the best season of his career. The Bears took a QB. So really it was just us and the Jets, and uh, we haven’t been the greatest two franchises in recent memory lol.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, it’d be great to get these 2 secured for 4+ years. I consider them both cornerstones to what the team is building and doing so soon will give everybody a great look at what’s left in the coffers as Tre’ White, Josh & Edmonds near their 2nd contracts.

Anything decent from the Draft is pure gravy.

Git’erDone, BatBeane!

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, it’d be great to get these 2 secured for 4+ years. I consider them both cornerstones to what the team is building and doing so soon will give everybody a great look at what’s left in the coffers as Tre’ White, Josh & Edmonds near their 2nd contracts.

Anything decent from the Draft is pure gravy.

Git’erDone, BatBeane!

What’s interesting is that I think we have a reasonable idea what Dawkins will cost. Milano is a wild card. I have no idea what price tag he is looking for.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

A macro bad move is drafting Zay Jones or trading a 3rd for Kelvin Benjamin. Those are things to be upset about... they flat out didn’t have anything positive come from them... but people here can’t differentiate. Just like they can’t recognize that because Tom Donahoe let Nate Clements walk doesn’t mean that Brandon Beane is going to let Tre White walk. 

This all started because you tried to compare their potential actions with Tre White to the losses of Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield and whoever else... guess what... it doesn’t matter what happened with those guys because McDermott/Beane were not pulling the strings then. It’s the simple - there is no pattern, the people making the decisions are different. The team may be the same, but the people are not. 

For the record, Levy made this insane "promise" to Clements and let him walk. It was just another chapter in the 1st round DB roller coaster. Apologists justify these stupid moves by saying that fill in the blank 1st round DB was "good." And they were, but they were stupid picks. The proof is in our W/L records. Is Tre "good?" Sure. He might even be great. Should they have drafted a qb? Yes, and I just don't care about who else passed them up! This is no excuse for idiocy and repeating the same stupid mistakes! I can't understand why this doesn't jump out at you.

Again, this regime looks good. Personally, I like Beane more than McDermott, although I'm not sure how much I like this latest trade of our #1. It might turn out to be a GREAT trade but I'm just a bit skeptical, and tell me; why shouldn't I be? There are just so many great receivers in this draft, wouldn't you say?

Peace, and GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

For the record, Levy made this insane "promise" to Clements and let him walk. It was just another chapter in the 1st round DB roller coaster. Apologists justify these stupid moves by saying that fill in the blank 1st round DB was "good." And they were, but they were stupid picks. The proof is in our W/L records. Is Tre "good?" Sure. He might even be great. Should they have drafted a qb? Yes, and I just don't care about who else passed them up! This is no excuse for idiocy and repeating the same stupid mistakes! I can't understand why this doesn't jump out at you.

Again, this regime looks good. Personally, I like Beane more than McDermott, although I'm not sure how much I like this latest trade of our #1. It might turn out to be a GREAT trade but I'm just a bit skeptical, and tell me; why shouldn't I be? There are just so many great receivers in this draft, wouldn't you say?

Peace, and GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McD has picked better NfLers than Beane so far, IMO.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Again.... Point being... Levy’s promise has nothing to do with the decision making process of McBeane. Why doesn’t that jump out to you? 

We can debate the Diggs trade sure... the great receivers in this draft are going between 8-15. We would’ve needed to move up to secure a Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb (otherwise people like you would be calling for their heads) and it would’ve cost us something realistically close to what we gave up for Diggs. I’ll take the known quantity... now that our QB is in year 3. Diggs has a cost-controlled contract that undoubtedly provides surplus value when weighted against his production. Was the price a little steep? Sure. I won’t disagree but Diggs came with a long term contract and proven production. His style of play meshes well with Allen...