Bills in talks with both Dawkins and Milano (Both represented by the same agency)

18 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We need to lock up Tre.  I am tired of seeing All pro corners start their careers with the Bills and spend the remainder of their career with another team.  Sign him now!

Tre likely won't sign till after the new CBA goes into effect. Plus the Bills could use the 5th year option on him.

There's like a 0.00% chance he walks. Beane will get it done. There's no hurry right now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Can you just picture the same rep from their agency arguing the case for both players?

"Dawkins is the real deal!  Take some of that 'Milano Money' and give it to Dawkins!"

"Milano's the man!  Take some of Dawkins' cash and slide it over to my boy Matt!"

Note that this might have been a valid strategy when 'Hayseed' Nix was running the show.

?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Tre likely won't sign till after the new CBA goes into effect. Plus the Bills could use the 5th year option on him.

There's like a 0.00% chance he walks. Beane will get it done. There's no hurry right now.

Its actually less than that?

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

This regime won’t let White go.  We most likely will extend Dawkins and Milano this off season, and White next off season.  If it was previous management, I would have concern we let him walk, but this regime isn’t dumb and they know White is one of the top 3 CB in the league.

They want to get them locked up before they negotiate with Tre. He will likely be the highest paid CB in the league surpassing the deal Jones got from Miami, and he's a much better player than Jones. 

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

There’s always the franchise tag for tre too if it comes down to it. Unless there’s some new ***** with the cba I’m not familiar with 

Nope.  No changes to tags.  Tre is smart to wait.  He’s gonna get paid large.  By the Bills. 

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We need to lock up Tre.  I am tired of seeing All pro corners start their careers with the Bills and spend the remainder of their career with another team.  Sign him now!

I think part of it is that Tre may want a year for himself. In his case, he could leave 10-15 mil on the table (over the life of the contract). There is no doubt he is going to be paid as the highest paid cb, especially after another season like last. If he did it this offseason he’d be around 17 or 18 mil, next year it’s 20 or above.

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Actually, it makes sense to do those two first. 

Tre’s value really can’t go up much more as he can’t play better (relatively speaking) and the market isn’t likely to go up much more. Ramsey will probably add a couple mil, but I don’t think that’ll jack up the market all that much. 

Dawkins and Milano can both greatly increase their value next year as each have another step to take in their development. So if we’re betting on them taking that step, it makes sense to lock them in now. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Actually, it makes sense to do those two first. 

Tre’s value really can’t go up much more as he can’t play better (relatively speaking) and the market isn’t likely to go up much more. Ramsey will probably add a couple mil, but I don’t think that’ll jack up the market all that much. 

Dawkins and Milano can both greatly increase their value next year as each have another step to take in their development. So if we’re betting on them taking that step, it makes sense to lock them in now. 

Actually it will go up. More games and higher cap. Tre is likely to set the market for CB contracts in the new CBA, he knows that.

39 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

This brings an interesting (to me) question to mind.  In an instance like this where an agency represents two players is there anything to even 'suggestively' suggest that the agency not divulge the details of one negotiation to the agent working the other?

Based on Beane’s wording, it sounds like Milano and Dawkins may actually share an agent... not just an agency. 

Which if that’s the case, is an advantage for us. It’s not an uncommon thing in sports for an agent to try and leverage one premier client’s deal with a team into a deal for a different player on the same team. If you follow what I’m saying?

Basically Lagardere Unlimited wants to get as much as they can for Milano an Dawkins, while also factoring in whether those guys want to stay in Buffalo or not (Dawkins has made it clear he loves it). So Lagardere may make concessions across both deals in order to maximize the total value and fit their client’s needs. 

Also, it’s an advantage because Beane is a wizard. 

2 hours ago, MJS said:

There's like a 0.00% chance he walks.

I'm not sure why you think this. For decades we have seen these first round DBs want to leave. The man might not want to be here. Who knows?

Fwiw I would LOVE to see him stay to diminish our chances of drafting another first round DB.

52 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I'm not sure why you think this. For decades we have seen these first round DBs want to leave. The man might not want to be here. Who knows?

Fwiw I would LOVE to see him stay to diminish our chances of drafting another first round DB.

I'm with you on this one, I seen very good DB's walk out the door, and our coach is a DB guy, leading me to believe he may think he can get production out of anther guy at a fraction of the price. I love White, I want him to stay, but until his name is on the dotted line, I'm not 100% convinced he stays.

• Like (+1) 1