Draft Rumors 1 week out

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea I think Dolphins take Tua at 5 unless a team trades infront of them and beats them to it.

This reminds of wanting Roethlisberger but settling for Losman. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Detroit must be sitting back and laughing.  First Miami liked Herbert better.  Then it was they were going up to 3 for an OT.  Now it’s they were going up to 3 for a package to get Burrow.

I would assume the other stuff was just smoke screening.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I would assume the other stuff was just smoke screening.

The thing with the Burrow stuff leaking out of Miami is that when they end up with Tua, he’s going to know he wasn’t their first choice so much so they kept trying to get burrow on draft day. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Tua is a ***** ton better than Losman.... Tua is going to be good... it's a matter on if he can stay healthy or not. 

I only meant trying to get your top guy, but failing and having to settle for the next option. 

1 hour ago, Process said:

The dolphins could have just not played Fitzpatrick, been the worst team in the league, drafted burrow while keeping their million draft picks and been one of the best teams in the league in two years. 

They did beat the pats****** so  ? off to Fitzy for that !!!

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The thing with the Burrow stuff leaking out of Miami is that when they end up with Tua, he’s going to know he wasn’t their first choice so much so they kept trying to get burrow on draft day. 

Yup.  WIll be another reason why he busts. ;)

Wasn't pushing for the bills to get a rb in the 2nd. But after watching the interview with Jonathan Taylor on good morning football.. he's the exact type of player mcD wants. Humble hard worker, that gives credit to his coaches and teammates. Probably the type of guy that won't start a tweet war when he's a two headed attack with Singletary. Doubt he will be there at 54, but if he is id take it as a homerun.

If I were the Bengals, I'd string Miami along all GD day and make them legitimately believe they're going to get the #1 overall pick. And then when the draft started and the Bengals were on the clock, I'd go dead silent on Miami and let them watch on TV as Burrow gets picked. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

If I were the Bengals, I'd string Miami along all GD day and make them legitimately believe they're going to get the #1 overall pick. And then when the draft started and the Bengals were on the clock, I'd go dead silent on Miami and let them watch on TV as Burrow gets picked. 

Also take them out to a nice dinner and then ghost them.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea I think Dolphins take Tua at 5 unless a team trades infront of them and beats them to it.

So, is the best case scenario for us if this happens.

1 Burrow

2 Tua

3 Chase Young

4 Chargers trade up... Herbert.

5 Dolphins??? :lol::doh:

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Am I crazy for saying I think I'd rather have Tua and Wirfs/Thomas than just Burrow? 

I say yes only because I don't trust Tua to stay healthy.  He hasn't shown it in college and they are a bunch of different injuries.  He seems to be dinged up even when he isn't missing games.  Great player but availability is the best ability imo.  Also (and this might not matter in the long run) Tua has one of those crazy sports dads.  Got Tua to throw left handed even though he is a righty and allegedly beat him with a belt when he would throw ints.  More red flags than I am comfortable with when it comes to Tua.

I also don't like Herbert either fwiw.  I watched a lot of Oregon games this year (Pac 12 after dark was a godsend for late nights with the baby) and I just couldn't see where the hype came from for him.

8 minutes ago, section122 said:

... Also (and this might not matter in the long run) Tua has one of those crazy sports dads.  Got Tua to throw left handed even though he is a righty and allegedly beat him with a belt when he would throw ints.  More red flags than I am comfortable with when it comes to Tua. ...

if true, that's messed up.

Edited by Foxx