Draft Rumors 1 week out

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Smokescreen imo trying to trade down. Does anyone really think gettleman would take Herbert at 4 after taking Danny at 6? 

Really doubt it, but, I would LOVE to see the fallout/reaction. Having the draft turn upside down at pick 4 would be so much fun to watch, especially if the Phins have really talked themselves off of Tua.

1 hour ago, zevo said:

I think 100% what Beane did was absolutely the best decision for this team...sure..a year a so down the road, people may say “we could have had X receiver in the 2nd round”..but why even take the risk...get the guaranteed stud on a solid contract.

I agree with you. Also Beane has done a good thing by surrounding Josh with proven receivers. I am a Josh guy, so please don’t take this the wrong way, but if Allen regresses or doesn’t show much improvement Beane should be able to eliminate WR development as a cause. To get a 26 year old proven receiver on a very reasonable contract is absolutely better than spending a late first round pick on a wide receiver that won’t be proven and also won’t be as sure a thing as the top 3 to go in the top 15.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Smokescreen imo trying to trade down. Does anyone really think gettleman would take Herbert at 4 after taking Danny at 6? 

Agreed, I think that this is key on the heels of Detroit talking trade. This is the Giants trying to tell Miami or anyone behind Miami that there could be 3 QBs gone in the first 4 picks. Move up or risk missing out

17 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Really doubt it, but, I would LOVE to see the fallout/reaction. Having the draft turn upside down at pick 4 would be so much fun to watch, especially if the Phins have really talked themselves off of Tua.

Maybe the NYG want okudah so they are trying to get Miami or LAC to trade to 3 for Herbert 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Agreed, I think that this is key on the heels of Detroit talking trade. This is the Giants trying to tell Miami or anyone behind Miami that there could be 3 QBs gone in the first 4 picks. Move up or risk missing out

Ha - I posted same thought at same time. They are trying to grease the wheels for that Detroit trade 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Giants gonna Giant... :lol:

I had a dream that the giants traded Danny Dimes to the Browns for mayfield and a swap of 1sts. Browns took wirfs at 4 and Delpit in the 2nd. Giants took Isaiah Simmons at 10 and reunited mayfield with kitchens and now had the top two players from the 2018 draft. When I woke up I actually thought it happened and was like “Alexa, play WFAN”

Thursday can’t come soon enough ?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

VERY likely a smokescreen. But I will say that Judge is taking some heat here in the NY media because he will not talk about Jones and has refused to even mention him by name. Like I said, very likely a smokescreen, but I could see them taking Herbert and trying to flip Daniel Jones. Maybe the Giants take Herbert and trade Jones to the Pats for Joe Thuney. There was some smoke that Belichick really liked Jones last year, and though Joe Judge comes from the Pats, maybe he isn't sold on the guy. Who knows? But with a regime change, I would not completely dismiss it, especially after the Cardinals Rosen-Murray thing. If other teams are doing it, the hive mind will likely follow suit. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

VERY likely a smokescreen. But I will say that Judge is taking some heat here in the NY media because he will not talk about Jones and has refused to even mention him by name. Like I said, very likely a smokescreen, but I could see them taking Herbert and trying to flip Daniel Jones. Maybe the Giants take Herbert and trade Jones to the Pats for Joe Thuney. There was some smoke that Belichick really liked Jones last year, and though Joe Judge comes from the Pats, maybe he isn't sold on the guy. Who knows? But with a regime change, I would not completely dismiss it, especially after the Cardinals Rosen-Murray thing. If other teams are doing it, the hive mind will likely follow suit. 

It doesn't happen unless Gettleman has been stripped of control and is going to be Whaley'd right after the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I was running the Jones to Pats scenario through my mind too a few minutes ago. Weird about judge not talking about him, hadnt heard that 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Blokestradamus said:

Austin Jackson is a pile of garbage with shoulder pads on.

Lovely kid, amazing brother but my God, he's awful.

Cool name though. Makes him sound like he's good. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Austin Jackson is a pile of garbage with shoulder pads on.

Lovely kid, amazing brother but my God, he's awful.

I need you to be clearer with your opinions here. #1 do you like garbage? Maybe garbage is the UK way of saying really good? #2 Are you saying he would be better off playing without shoulder pads?

?

• Haha (+1) 1