My pick for the 2nd round - Jonathan Taylor

I am really not buying that Beane likes Yeldon that much.  If he liked him he would have given him more burn last year when Gore was falling off.

He has that game breaking speed that compliments Devin's style of play.   You dont have a drop off in play when Devin gets spelled, it keeps him fresh, and if Devin gets nicked up he looks like could carry the load.

• Like (+1) 4

He is fast and there is a connection with his RB coach at Wisconsin who used to coach in Carolina. But a reason I see them maybe looking at a different RB especially that high is that he’s untested In the passing game.  That was the case with Singletary last year too and they projected that he could do it in the nfl and we can determine whether that was successful or not. Since they couldn’t do a private workout with Taylor I’m not sure they want to project something like that again. They may want a RB who has that on film. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is fast and there is a connection with his RB coach at Wisconsin who used to coach in Carolina. But a reason I see them maybe looking at a different RB especially that high is that he’s untested In the passing game.  That was the case with Singletary last year too and they projected that he could do it in the nfl and we can determine whether that was successful or not. Since they couldn’t do a private workout with Taylor I’m not sure they want to project something like that again. They may want a RB who has that on film. 

for that reason I'd take Helaire above him.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

untested is too kind

uninterested in pass blocking in any form

too 1 dimensional to be a Bill

• Like (+1) 1

18 Fumbles -- lots of carries but 18 fumbles with 15 recovered by the opponents.  McD will be in the draft room (his basement) looking at Beane over zoom saying -- "Don't get me a fumbler"  if Taylor is on the board at 54...

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, spartacus said:

untested is too kind

uninterested in pass blocking in any form

too 1 dimensional to be a Bill

I meant more along the lines of he wasn’t used in the passing game, but as a blocker I didn’t notice one way or the other 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not a receiver, not a pass blocker and a fumbler.  What's not to love?

Big and fast, smart, decent vision but not elite vision. He was not really a big recruit of HS so he earned his stripes for sure. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Taylor is definitely my top choice but the odds of him being there at 54 are very slim. We would have to move up at least 10+ spots to get him. Dobbins makes more sense at 54. You'll want that 86 for a WR.

2 minutes ago, MassHog said:

I love Singletary but I honestly think that Taylor is a better back. I think if we drafted Taylor, he'd be primary and devin would be a secondary back/additional player in the passing game. 

Totally agree. Devin would still probably get 40% of the touches but JT would be RB1.