Report - Browns in discussion with Vikings on OBJ trade

15 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

who knows. 

I'm just happy we got our guy in the 1 position we needed to upgrade to be legit SB contenders (still sounds weird , but I will definitely get used to it). 

Let's win the division and then win ONE playoff game...before we even contemplate whether we are Super Bowl contenders or not.

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Thielen moaned about targets early in the season as well. The Vikings had the best 1-2 punch at receiver in the league and wanted to play 1970s football behind Delvin Cook.

Diggs is firey and he is a competitor. As long as the Bills get him the ball he will be fine.

No, they definitely did not...that would be Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

So what if he is a douche.  The guy is a great player.  Not everyone falls in line like little toy soldiers.  I have never heard his teammates bad mouth him.  If you had to catch passes from Eli Manning late in his career, you would probably be pretty cranky also.  And playing under Freddie Kitchens was probably like playing for that pee wee coach who had no idea how to coach and was half drunk at every game.  The Bills can use a little more edge and douchiness on their team.  Good old Richie Incognito provided some of that.  Jerry Hughes has some edge.  And some of that edge from Diggs will be good for the offense.  Let's not forget its football, not chess club.  

Not expecting Bobby Fisher, but there is a difference between having an edge and being a douche nozzle. Although Bobby may very well have been said nozzle. We can only hope Diggs keeps his mouth shut and first and foremost performs as advertised. I expect you get my drift. 

Go Bills!!!

34 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Let's win the division and then win ONE playoff game...before we even contemplate whether we are Super Bowl contenders or not.

No, they definitely did not...that would be Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.

Beckham Jr and Landry would contend as well imo

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Thielen moaned about targets early in the season as well. The Vikings had the best 1-2 punch at receiver in the league and wanted to play 1970s football behind Delvin Cook.

Diggs is firey and he is a competitor. As long as the Bills get him the ball he will be fine.

Very fair point.  I think Thielen was a lot more low key.  

but what I do worry about is that at this point, and I know you would agree, Cousins is a better passer than Allen.  So how will Diggs handle a bad throw by Allen when he’s open? Or with Diggs drawing number 1 attention, Brown or Beasley having better numbers some games?  I’d like to think he will be on his best behavior but Minnesota was a pretty good situation and he was unhappy there.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s a stretch.  Jones isn’t that good.  Julio and Ridley is a better combo IMo. 

Yes when healthy those two are very solid, good call

Jones was up and down this yr but he's got talent. And imo Golladay is a monster 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes when healthy those two are very solid, good call

Jones was up and down this yr but he's got talent. And imo Golladay is a monster 

Agree on Golladay.  He’s really good.  Maybe I’m biased because I had in fantasy but Jones is really inconsistent.  He will have like 3 tds in game and then do nothing for 3 games.  

our guys would be up there but I wish they had more size.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agree on Golladay.  He’s really good.  Maybe I’m biased because I had in fantasy but Jones is really inconsistent.  He will have like 3 tds in game and then do nothing for 3 games.  

our guys would be up there but I wish they had more size.  

You're going to love Diggs

He's not huge but he plays way bigger

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If this happens could all the people who thought Adam Thielen would be fine without another top flight receiver opposite him because he was "the better guy anyway" please stand up? I am telling you... he needs someone else to draw the double coverage off him consistently or else his numbers will fall in 2020. As much as I love Diggs OBJ is an upgrade.... even he genuinely is a problem child in the locker room.

Doesnt he get hurt a lot Gunner......to me Diggs is the better player and he is gonna show it this year.

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Very fair point.  I think Thielen was a lot more low key.  

but what I do worry about is that at this point, and I know you would agree, Cousins is a better passer than Allen.  So how will Diggs handle a bad throw by Allen when he’s open? Or with Diggs drawing number 1 attention, Brown or Beasley having better numbers some games?  I’d like to think he will be on his best behavior but Minnesota was a pretty good situation and he was unhappy there.

I think he will be fine if we are trying to get him the ball. If there are games where we use him as the decoy to throw it to Beasley for example I expect him to let people know. 

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Doesnt he get hurt a lot Gunner......to me Diggs is the better player and he is gonna show it this year.

I love Diggs but OBJ is a more talented player, no doubt. And before anyone tells me the numbers the last couple of years say different I say the same as to the people trying to convince me that the numbers showed Brandin Cooks was as good as Diggs. Sometimes you have to go and watch the all22.   

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I love Diggs but OBJ is a more talented player, no doubt. And before anyone tells me the numbers the last couple of years say different I say the same as to the people trying to convince me that the numbers showed Brandin Cooks was as good as Diggs. Sometimes you have to go and watch the all22.   

The calculation for any transaction for OBJ for the dispatching team/s goes beyond talent consideration. There simply has been too much drama and hyper-emotion in the locker room and on the sidelines. If you want to eliminate or at least lessen that individual volatility in order to bring more stability and maturity to the group then it is not surprising that Cleveland is (supposedly) considering offers. If you want to change the culture then you have to change out some players. 

From a Cleveland standpoint the priority isn't necessarily getting equal value back. As the saying goes: addition by subtraction. Make no mistake what I'm saying here. I not suggesting he is a bad guy. That doesn't mean that his retention is good for the mix. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The calculation for any transaction for OBJ for the dispatching team/s goes beyond talent consideration. There simply has been too much drama and hyper-emotion in the locker room and on the sidelines. If you want to eliminate or at least lessen that individual volatility in order to bring more stability and maturity to the group then it is not surprising that Cleveland is (supposedly) considering offers. If you want to change the culture then you have to change out some players. 

From a Cleveland standpoint the priority isn't necessarily getting equal value back. As the saying goes: addition by subtraction. Make no mistake what I'm saying here. I not suggesting he is a bad guy. That doesn't mean that his retention is good for the mix. 

Indeed. Diggs is a less divisive guy than OBJ. But he is also less talented. And I say that as Diggs's number 1 fan. I loved him long before he was a Bill.