Report - Browns in discussion with Vikings on OBJ trade

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re being a biased Bills fan. He was having temper tantrums during wins about not getting the ball Enough .  He’s not on OBJ’s level but a team with SB aspirations don’t trade 26 year old good players for no reason.  He was a problem there.

I mean Diggs did this to a less extent, no?

he was a problem because he didn’t want to play there anymore.  If he didn’t say anything about not wanting to play there anymore he’d still be a Viking imo. All my Vikings fan friends agree.  Everyone loves him.  He didn’t love them back.   

He’s an ultra competitor.  Sometimes those guys do and say stupid things.  Just like OBj.  The guy they’re trying to trade for.  so they traded Diggs because he’s a Diva.....yet want OBj instead?  That doesn’t strengthen the argument that Diggs was traded because he’s a diva in the least 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re being a biased Bills fan. He was having temper tantrums during wins about not getting the ball Enough .  He’s not on OBJ’s level but a team with SB aspirations don’t trade 26 year old good players for no reason.  He was a problem there.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean Diggs did this to a less extent, no?

Yes he did, but,  Again if this trade goes thru, 3rd team in three years, it would then appear nobody likes having OBJ on their team, it’s an omen...  Beckham is an all pro douche, Diggs hasn’t yet competed on a that level. Not that Diggs might not aspire to such heights... we all hope not of course... ? 

Go Bills!!!

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yes he did, but,  Again if this trade goes thru, 3rd team in three years, it would then appear nobody likes having OBJ on their team, it’s an omen...  Beckham is an all pro douche, Diggs hasn’t yet competed on a that level. Not that Diggs might not aspire to such heights... we all hope not of course... ? 

Go Bills!!!

He's played in 1 playoff game in 2016.  He's also a bit of a drama queen.  Remember the whole watch thing?  Just take off your watch! its a football game!

29 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My best guess is the round value went down when the amount of money they were paid went up.  Average wideouts are making huge money now, so to move the contract you have to take less in return.

It also doesnt hurt that Cleveland can trade OBJ away and still have their pick of Ruggs III, Jeudy, and Lamb at 10.

But Mekhi Becton / Wirfs / Wills + OBJ >>> CeeDee Lamb + low 2nd round OT, no? Especially when cap is not an issue, no? Just SMH.

People will look at what the Bills paid for Diggs and compare to the 2nd and 5th that the Vikes would pay and automatically say it’s an overpay by the Bills. 
Trades shouldn’t be judged in a vacuum. There are other factors.

OBJ had all his good years with Eli and the Giants when he was the focal point of the offense. He was much less productive w/Baker and on a team where the targets needed to be spread out a bit more. 

OBJ has a cap hit that’s about $3MM per year higher than Diggs. 

Not a big deal, but OBJ is a year older than Diggs. 

Diggs has had some quasi-diva situations, but nothing on the level of OBJ who might be heading to his 3rd team, which means two NFL teams would have believed his antics were worse than what he brings to the team (that’s saying a lot considering how talented he is). 

Diggs was better last year than OBJ. He might actually be the better player. The shine of being picked in the first round takes a while longer to come off. OBJ will automatically be thought of more highly than diggs who was a fifth rounder because he was hampered by injuries late in college. I think he was just as highly recruited though coming out of high school. Situations impact productivity.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

he was a problem because he didn’t want to play there anymore.  If he didn’t say anything about not wanting to play there anymore he’d still be a Viking imo. All my Vikings fan friends agree.  Everyone loves him.  He didn’t love them back.   

He’s an ultra competitor.  Sometimes those guys do and say stupid things.  Just like OBj.  The guy they’re trying to trade for.  so they traded Diggs because he’s a Diva.....yet want OBj instead?  That doesn’t strengthen the argument that Diggs was traded because he’s a diva in the least 

Eh, I think if he’s not a problem in the lockerroom, you tell him to shut up and we’re not going to trade you because we’re trying to win a SB.  He really had no leverage. That said, the Bills offer problem was to good to turn down for a player who wasn’t happy.  But I’m willing to bet big money Zimmer wasn’t happy with him last year.

hopefully, he will happy this year.

Just now, mathja said:

People will look at what the Bills paid for Diggs and compare to the 2nd and 5th that the Vikes would pay and automatically say it’s an overpay by the Bills. 

OBJ had all his good years with Eli and the Giants when he was the focal point of the offense. He was much less productive w/Baker and on a team where the targets needed to be spread out a bit more. 

Diggs has had some quasi-diva situations, but nothing on the level of OBJ who might be heading to his 3rd team, which means two NFL teams would have believed his antics were worse than what he brings to the team (that’s saying a lot considering how talented he is). 

Diggs was better last year than OBJ. He might actually be the better player. The shine of being picked in the first round takes a while longer to come off. OBJ will automatically be thought of more highly than diggs who was a fifth rounder because he was hampered by injuries late in college. I think he was just as highly recruited though coming out of high school. Situations impact productivity.

The way Diggs NFL position coaches speak on him is so encouraging. Sounds like the ultimate competitor who will get a chance to shine as our bonafide #1 target. I think he's absolutely going to love Josh , 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mathja said:

Eh, OBJ is the better player.  I don’t really think it’s debatable.  He is also the bigger moron so that’s a big part of the package too.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, I think if he’s not a problem in the lockerroom, you tell him to shut up and we’re not going to trade you because we’re trying to win a SB.  He really had no leverage. That said, the Bills offer problem was to good to turn down for a player who wasn’t happy.  But I’m willing to bet big money Zimmer wasn’t happy with him last year.

Thielen moaned about targets early in the season as well. The Vikings had the best 1-2 punch at receiver in the league and wanted to play 1970s football behind Delvin Cook.

Diggs is firey and he is a competitor. As long as the Bills get him the ball he will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Go Bills!!!

So what if he is a douche.  The guy is a great player.  Not everyone falls in line like little toy soldiers.  I have never heard his teammates bad mouth him.  If you had to catch passes from Eli Manning late in his career, you would probably be pretty cranky also.  And playing under Freddie Kitchens was probably like playing for that pee wee coach who had no idea how to coach and was half drunk at every game.  The Bills can use a little more edge and douchiness on their team.  Good old Richie Incognito provided some of that.  Jerry Hughes has some edge.  And some of that edge from Diggs will be good for the offense.  Let's not forget its football, not chess club.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

He's played in 1 playoff game in 2016.  He's also a bit of a drama queen.  Remember the whole watch thing?  Just take off your watch! its a football game!

and...
I already acknowledged he has been a little B word. But ya can’t deny  Diggs has been the better receiver the last three years. So there is hope that he won’t become an irrelevant all pro douche that Beckham has been the last three years, frankly if OBJ doesn’t perform in Minnesota he will have become a has been, there is a lot on the line for OBJ, a little less for Diggs. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, OBJ is the better player.  I don’t really think it’s debatable.  He is also the bigger moron so that’s a big part of the package too.

Yes I agree with this. OBJ is a better receiver than Diggs but he is also a proper problem child whereas Diggs is just borderline receiver diva.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The current rumor is that Anthony Harris would be included in the package and that makes more sense. Not sure I would like this trade for either side.

I guess the Vikings like the safeties they feel will be available at pick 22 and not the WR's. The Browns fill a need in their secondary and get draft capital in a deep WR class. 

I like this trade more for the Browns than the Vikings.

23 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Basically 4 years and 60 million left on his deal that you would cover.  Fair amount more than Diggs.  He hasn't been particularly elite in the last 3 years either.

I'd probably still go offensive line in the first and then use their early 2nd on a WR.  Stefanaski is a run first guy so I think they'll want to roll heavy PA with Chubb/Hunt.  Plus they have Hooper/Njoku.

OBJ is set to make about $3M more per year for the next 4 years than Diggs is.  Injured in 2017, crap teams the last two seasons and played with an injury all last season.  He still broke 1k the last two seasons, but you’re probably right that the Browns wouldn’t exactly be selling high right now.  It really wouldn’t make any sense for them to try and trade him for less than a first plus and if they’re not getting that then why trade him?  Healthy and in a decent offense he’s a top 5 WR.  They’re way better off seeing if he can become that again.

Absolutely correct on the Browns going LT very early.  Beyond any offensive scheme considerations, there’s a gaping hole there right now.  Unless Washington comes around on compensation for Trent Williams and they get a deal done there, it’ll be OT either at 10 or with a trade back. The only other stop gap available to them is Jason Peters and they’d still have to draft someone early to take over when he gets injured again. 

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s 2020. Leverage can be created with social media.

You’re right, Beane gave them an offer they couldn’t refuse and that was likely the nail in his coffin playing for Minnesota.  

I’m happy it worked out this way. We don’t have to hope that our 1st rd pick works out.  Our 1st rd pick is a stud