Browns to introduce new uniforms at 12:00 pm

That’s the second team the past few weeks to reveal “new” jerseys that are really just their old jerseys (Bucs were the other). And heck, even our beloved Bills went “back in time” with their current jerseys.

The lesson here? Newfangled, fancy, modernist  NIKE designs are NOT always better, and in fact are often much worse. “Classic” works, don’t try to fix what ain’t broken!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Getting rid of any chest wordmark at all gets a big ?? from me. I do not understand this trend for the NFL, especially writ large like the Jets and now ATL. The NFL is the king of sports. Act like that. Not like you’re some D-II school where no one can even remember the name / location.

Solid reversion to the classic. The encroaching sleeve stripes were awful. I don’t understand the blank Color Rash alts, but... whatever.

Edited by UConn James

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Went back to their previous look I guess.

Sorry, but I don't think there's a way to make dark brown and orange look good. They have the worst colors in the league.

I was going to say the same thing.  They have awful colors and make them look as good as they possibly can.  Any other color scheme and those uniforms might be some of the best in the nfl.

46 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was going to say the same thing.  They have awful colors and make them look as good as they possibly can.  Any other color scheme and those uniforms might be some of the best in the nfl.

Yeah. This is the best they can possibly do and they shouldn't try to change it again.

1 hour ago, 947 said:

Wow, I bet the players & fans are pissed that they don't have BROWNS in huge lettering down the side of the pants anymore...

I know... how else would anyone be able to tell that they’re the Cleveland Browns?

3 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I don’t see how these uniforms are any different than why they had. 

It's literally like two posts above yours. If you can't tell the difference from that, I don't really know what to say.

• Like (+1) 1

The fact that a lot of guys are saying they don't see the differences in the new/old uniforms just reaffirms a widely-held belief/stereotype that there are a lot of dudes who have no eye for fashion/style whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 2