Jay Glazer: I will break big, national news tomorrow

28 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Also, NFL owners are literally meeting with Trump this week to discuss bringing sports back. There's no way they're ready to announce the cancellation of the season before the meeting even occurs.

Not trying to turn this into a political thread, but ultimately, the state governors will have more say in this than the president will.  The governor of Ohio is already on record as being somewhat skeptical that sports will be happening in his state this fall.  Rumors that the NCAA is already making a contingency plan for the 2020 college football season to be pushed to Feb-May of 2021.  Of course, college is far more dependent on crowds showing up at stadiums than is the NFL, but you know...there is a big chance that things will be different this fall.

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

Not trying to turn this into a political thread, but ultimately, the state governors will have more say in this than the president will.  The governor of Ohio is already on record as being somewhat skeptical that sports will be happening in his state this fall.  Rumors that the NCAA is already making a contingency plan for the 2020 college football season to be pushed to Feb-May of 2021.  Of course, college is far more dependent on crowds showing up at stadiums than is the NFL, but you know...there is a big chance that things will be different this fall.

If the NFL decides to have a season, this shouldn’t be much of an issue. They are very likely to be playing with no fans. Therefore, a team doesn’t really have a home field advantage. The games could be played anywhere. If, for example, Florida’s governor allows NFL games but New York’s doesn’t. You can have Miami and Jacksonville play all 16 of their games at home. You could also utilize the NFL stadiums in whatever state allows it. Even if it means playing on Saturday and then again on Monday in the same stadium with different teams. It shouldn’t pose too much of a logistical challenge if the NFL decides to have a season. 

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I've been saying he or matt ryan would get traded this year so I would not be shocked by this one. 

Matt Patricia has no problem with trading Stafford to the Patriots cause he knows he will be back with them again in 2021.

Matt Ryan is going nowhere. With a competent coach and D he would have won a Super Bowl buy now.

I think it is that the NFL owners are going to play the season without fans in the stands (if this is Covid 19 related) or it is just a resolution to the Pats/Bengals Spygate 5000 situation. I bet on the more bland news story as I think the NFL will wait until June before making any major decisions. The NFL unlike other leagues is in its most dead time now which means that they are going to have the luxury of waiting until mid-June (where in 2 months things could rapidly change.) 

4 minutes ago, Buftex said:

DeWine was answering a question about fans at sports events (Mass gatherings) 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

This is going around on the Twitterverse....

Man. If they thought Diggs was a malcontent.....I can not see Zimmer and OBJ meshing. 

that said, my money is on some sort of league news rather than a transaction 

Edited by FluffHead
  • Like (+1) 1

Just saw an article that Fauci says sports could continue in 2020 if no spectators and thorough testing of teams is done. 

"There's a way of doing that," the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told Snapchat's Peter Hamby when asked about starting up sports again. "Nobody comes to the stadium. Put (teams) in big hotels wherever you want to play. Keep them very well surveilled.

"... But have them tested, like every week," he added. "And make sure they don't wind up infecting each other or their family and just let them play the season out."

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I have a 3 and half year old at home and this was the first summer in 4 years I actually planned to see shows. I had tickets to Trey Anastasio Band and the Stones both canceled. Have tickets for Dave Mathews and the black crows and I assume those will be as well. Bummer but I just hope we get football 

Wife and I were supposed to leave for Morocco today

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Just saw an article that Fauci says sports could continue in 2020 if no spectators and thorough testing of teams is done. 

"There's a way of doing that," the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told Snapchat's Peter Hamby when asked about starting up sports again. "Nobody comes to the stadium. Put (teams) in big hotels wherever you want to play. Keep them very well surveilled.

"... But have them tested, like every week," he added. "And make sure they don't wind up infecting each other or their family and just let them play the season out."

That’s been the word