Jay Glazer: I will break big, national news tomorrow

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I'm supposed to see Guns N' Roses at MetLife on July 18th. I doubt that happens.

I've seen Waters a handful of times of the years, his last appearance in Buffalo was great, except for his 15 minute rant against the Donald. 

The light and stage show was second to none (and Ive seen em all).

Oops was supposed to be a multi quote...whatever lol

Edited by babulator

7 minutes ago, babulator said:

I'm pretty sure Jay has a vast network of contacts. I know he's been brought in to train with teams, and he currently co-owns a MMA gym w/ B. Urlacher. Their focus is training NFL players. I know this article is a few years old now, but he's been actively doing this for for several years now. No clue what his breaking news is, but he's been pretty reliable and again he has a vast network of connections.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/24/jay-glazer-mma-training-nfl

"Glazer says he has had 30 players in-house for workouts. Some, such as Eagles tackle Lane Johnson, are trying go from starter to Pro Bowler. Some, such as veteran 49ers running back Reggie Bush, are trying to prove they still have it. Some, such as burgeoning Giants star Odell Beckham Jr., are working on very specific skills. "

"This offseason, the regulars include a mix of established stars (Eagles RB DeMarco Murray, Cardinals DE Calais Campbell), veterans looking to break through (Lions RB Joique Bell, Falcons DE Tyson Jackson, Washington S Dashon Goldson), young players hoping to build Pro Bowl futures (Eagles TE Zach Ertz, Giants OT Justin Pugh, Falcons DT Ra’Shede Hageman) and role players aiming to climb a depth chart (Giants DT Markus Kuhn, Washington S Jeron Johnson, Jaguars LB LaRoy Reynolds)."

Good to know.  My friend did say that if it was about a player that other people would have the info.  (Guess I inferred the part about Glazer not having player contacts.)  He said if Glazer was willing to sit on something for a whole day then it’s probably a league thing since he’d have access and others wouldn’t so he wouldn’t be worried that others would scoop him. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Good to know.  My friend did say that if it was about a player that other people would have the info.  (Guess I inferred the part about Glazer not having player contacts.)  He said if Glazer was willing to sit on something for a whole day then it’s probably a league thing since he’d have access and others wouldn’t so he wouldn’t be worried that others would scoop him. 

If it's a "league thing" I don't know how Glazer could be the only one to know it.  Schefter has to be more plugged in than this guy.  Rappaport too.  Those guys guys break scoops year round.  Glazer rarely does.

• Like (+1) 1

I saw report where people were saying no large gatherings until Fall 2021 in regards to concerts. I don't know how I would like the empty stadium thing if they do end up playing and to me will drain some of the fun of watching a live event.

At this point this whole thing is getting to the point where I don't care anymore and rather take my chances than be locked up inside. Of course there is a pandemic when the Bills are finally expected to be good and win the division.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

I would be very shocked if this is about a cancelled or delayed season. Don’t expect it to be a signing or trade either.

The Patriots punishment or a retirement theories make the most sense to me so far if it’s something specific to the NFL. 

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I would be very shocked if this is about a cancelled or delayed season. Don’t expect it to be a signing or trade either.

The Patriots punishment or a retirement theories make the most sense to me so far if it’s something specific to the NFL. 

Yeah, there is no point in announcing any sort of cancellation or delay of the season,  in April.  Even if that were likely to happen, there would be no benefit to announcing it now.  Interest in the draft (the only thing not cancelled in pro-sports)...and even if you thing Glazar is "breaking" a story that the NFL does not want out there, I think he is so entrenched in the NFL, he realizes it wouldn't benefit anyone or anything to break a story like that right now.