Justin Herbert is being predicted to Miami over Tua

24 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Good fit for Herbert. He is going to need a low key atmosphere like Miami to fit in.  I still see him as a bust. Guy had like one signature game in his entire Oregon career and that was him running the ball in the RoseBowl which is something he didn't do that much of.  But Miami gives him a good chance to succeed. Can sit all of 2020 behind Fitz.

History says Fitz won’t survive the whole season (or even half). His second seasons as a starter for have been terrible. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, Augie said:

Agreed, it’s all true. It has to be at least as true as any news coming out of China. 

It’s hilarious that people all of A sudden decide to blindly trust China.  I only get my news from trusted sources like North Korea and Kim Kardashian. 

59 minutes ago, yungmack said:

This year's Christian Ponder. I pray the Dolphins pick him.

Interesting comparison.  The only thing I’ll say about Herbert is he put up good numbers in college.  Ponder wasn’t even really that good.

i call that the Blaine Gabbert syndrome.  Monster college stats don’t mean anything.  But if are going to be a first round pick and didn’t look really good in college, it makes me really nervous. 

I see "it" with Tua, if he's healthy he's special.  With Herbert, I watched a bunch of his games and saw a pretty good athlete playing QB.  He strikes me as a Bortles, on paper, stud.  On the field. Meh.  If Miami takes Herbert, I wont be worried. 

The only problem I really have, is I saw Allen as a bigger Tannehill and he hasn't proven me wrong. Tantalizing bursts combined with infuriating stupidity.  Hopefully, we see the 3rd year jump.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, I mean, unless they're just scared shitless of Tua's injuries, I don't see how any team can prefer Herbert over Tua. I don't think Herbert is anywhere near Tua as a prospect (if his medicals are relatively okay).

This is the correct answer.  Tua throws with more accuracy and anticipation.  Even with the injuries I would consider Tua over Herbert.

This is why I am not concerned about the Fins long term. Yes they made some quality free agent additions (but this isn't the last time they went on a free agency binge) and they have a lot of draft capital both in 2020 and 2021 BUT they don't have a quality QB. Without a QB you are limited to just how far you can go (and it isn't like their roster even with their draft additions is super stacked.) That is why Josh Allen is ultimately responsible for the Bills long term fate the next 2-3 seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Also means they gave away both firsts and a second

They wouldn't have to give up 18, 26, and a 2nd to move 2 spots. I could see maybe 26. Maybe just a 2nd. Detroit will likely get the same player at 5 than at 3.

Edited by cle23

On 4/15/2020 at 10:47 AM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think this is a smokescreen I bet money Miami takes Tua and Herbert goes to LA

I agree. I will be shocked if Tua is not a Dolphin. The fan base has been so set on Tua for so long that there could be riots in the streets if they pick Herbert.?  I think they probably pick him at #3. This whole business about trading up for an offensive lineman is a crock of ...

7 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Also means they gave away both firsts and a second

That would have been if the Dols kept their 5th overall and wanted the 3rd overall as well.

7 hours ago, cle23 said:

They wouldn't have to give up 18, 26, and a 2nd to move 2 spots. I could see maybe 26. Maybe just a 2nd. Detroit will likely get the same player at 5 than at 3.

More likely their 1st-2nd rounder.  But hopefully the Lions will get their last-1st rounder.