Justin Herbert is being predicted to Miami over Tua

56 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t see that at all.  You can argue he doesn’t give up on plays fast enough, but I can’t remember a college QB who delivers the ball as quickly as Tua.  I think he’s been over-analyzed because he plays at Alabama.  If he stays healthy, he’ll be excellent in NFL.  He’s a better QB prospect than than everyone not named Burrow the past couple years.  

I have him right about where I had Murray last year but broadly I agree with the above. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe Herbert will be another of these toolsy Quarterbacks that I am too low on and makes me look daft - it is certainly possible. But man I couldn't take that in the top 10. There were periods watching his film a couple of weeks ago where he made me want to throw things through my screen. Infuriating.

This is how I felt watching him as well. A game or two I watched live i was scratching my head trying to figure out how he’s supposed to be one of the top qbs

I have Herbert's likely comp being a poor man's Jay Cutler and is as low a 1st round grade as I give soooo yeah, I'm happy to hear he might be Miami's target.

Edit: He's also my #5 QB in the draft, so again, very pleased to see these reports.

Edited by DCOrange

2 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Herbert doesn't have nearly the athleticism that Allen has, but he's more precise than Allen was, in college. That's at least what I've seen on tape, and heard from scouts.

Well Josh Allen came from a unknown school in Wyoming while Herbert is from Oregon playing in the PAC 12. Herbert has better WR’s to work with than Allen did

10 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I think I'm in the minority but I think Herbert will be very solid (not great). I think he will be a better version of Dalton, with a stronger arm and more mobile. 

That’s still not enough to get the job done lol. Saying you have a better version of Andy Dalton isn’t all that inspiring lol

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Well Josh Allen came from a unknown school in Wyoming while Herbert is from Oregon playing in the PAC 12. Herbert has better WR’s to work with than Allen did

Definitely better WRs if you directly compare to Wyoming, but relative to the competition they were playing, Allen's WRs his sophomore year > Herbert's WRs. Allen's WRs his last year were an absolute embarrassment though, whereas Herbert's were simply bad.

The major difference is that Oregon had one of the best OLines in the country while Allen was running for his life every play.

11 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Not seeing it with Herbert.  I know there’s injury concerns with Tua, but I see a young Marino when I see Tua.  Quick release, accurate, prolific.  I hope Miami takes Herbert.  

I think this is a smokescreen I bet money Miami takes Tua and Herbert goes to LA

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

There’s nothing about Herberts game that’s inspiring or game changing lol.

This is how I feel. What is the one thing that you hang your hat on with Herbert? I couldn't see anything. He isn't terrible in any facet but there isn't something he does that I can really hang my hat on.

Just now, DCOrange said:

Definitely better WRs if you directly compare to Wyoming, but relative to the competition they were playing, Allen's WRs his sophomore year > Herbert's WRs. Allen's WRs his last year were an absolute embarrassment though, whereas Herbert's were simply bad.

The major difference is that Oregon had one of the best OLines in the country while Allen was running for his life every play.

Definitely agree with you here. Allen will be 20 times a better QB than Herbert. Herbert isn’t threatening in the slightest. But I’m still sticking to my guns that Tua is going to Miami minus the injury concern and Herbert is going to LA

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

This is how I feel. What is the one thing that you hang your hat on with Herbert? I couldn't see anything. He isn't terrible in any facet but there isn't something he does that I can really hang my hat on.

He screams career back up to me. Out of all the footage and highlight clips I’ve watched from him, that’s what’s it’s boiled down to for me. He a back up QB and not a starter. Anyone who drafts him is going to be looking for a new QB next years free agency or draft

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Definitely agree with you here. Allen will be 20 times a better QB than Herbert. Herbert isn’t threatening in the slightest. But I’m still sticking to my guns that Tua is going to Miami minus the injury concern and Herbert is going to LA

Yeah, I mean, unless they're just scared shitless of Tua's injuries, I don't see how any team can prefer Herbert over Tua. I don't think Herbert is anywhere near Tua as a prospect (if his medicals are relatively okay).

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He screams career back up to me. Out of all the footage and highlight clips I’ve watched from him, that’s what’s it’s boiled down to for me. He a back up QB and not a starter. Anyone who drafts him is going to be looking for a new QB next years free agency or draft

So I think he can start but he will be one of those starters you are thinking you might need to replace if that makes sense.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

So I think he can start but he will be one of those starters you are thinking you might need to replace if that makes sense.

Yeah it makes sense, definitely a bridge/stop gap QB. But I think Miami has been through enough of those lol. Probably the best one they had post Marino was Jay Fiedler. 

Good fit for Herbert. He is going to need a low key atmosphere like Miami to fit in.  I still see him as a bust. Guy had like one signature game in his entire Oregon career and that was him running the ball in the RoseBowl which is something he didn't do that much of.  But Miami gives him a good chance to succeed. Can sit all of 2020 behind Fitz.