Bills Sign OL Evan Boehm

36 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Boehm was a pretty highly touted high school player, started 52 games at Mizzou and hasn’t seemed to find his footing in the league. Bounced around some but looked like he might have found a home in Indy until both O-line coaches left, then he was running with the 3rd string. Its good depth, insurance, and competition and you get a natural center to back up Morse, who he can play guard as well. I like it. 

So Bobby Johnson coached him in Indy?

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

So Bobby Johnson coached him in Indy?

Yep in 2018 Johnson was the assistant OL coach under Dave DeGugliemo, who coached the Dolphins OL last season and was let go. Boehm was traded to the Dolphins after running with the third string in Indy after Johnson and DeGugliemo left. So those guys must see something in him that others might be missing. 

Boehm’s situation is a lot like Mark Glowinski, former 4th rounder who bounced around and then Johnson and DeGugliemo turned into a very good starting guard in the league. But Boehm has some skill, it just hasn’t come together yet. I think Boehm’s best position is center, but he could push the guys at the guard spot as well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Warms my heart to hear players are excited to be a part of ‘a great organization’! Of course I have PTSD from 2 decades of combat in the trenches following the team. But they’re finally offering us counseling and attitude adjustments. It’s like a miracle drug!

5A1A28AA-AF67-4868-B6B2-F143362E7132.jpeg

Boehm is versatile and can play both center and guard...something the Bills covet.  Bill are building unbelievable depth along the line and stocking the cupboards for late camp trades prior to cuts being made. Great signing.

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Grandma thanks you.

90964B6A-D267-4DAD-82A2-398D8315F504.jpeg

LMAO....you would be surprised how many old people are lushes...I remember working next door to a RiteAid in Niagara Falls and there would be this regular old lady that would come in and buy 2 24-packs of beer a few times a week...I asked the cashiers about it after she left and they told me "She gets drunk and stays drunk".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Decent marginal signing, former 4th round pick bounced around a lot but still has 21 starts in his career. Not much more than a bubble roster player who started some games as a rookie then later in his career got some starts due to injuries. Must not have been better than replacement level as he got cut several times and traded. But I like adding more offensive line competition in camp, value added that he is by all reports a good locker room guy. 

Odds are that he is just brought in to push Bates and Long in camp but you need depth and you need competition, this signing does just that. 

12 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Gotta admit, You're right on

Yeah - as soon as williams signed it was like - he's either the swing tackle/guard or he's traded for a 6th RD pick.  I don't think we could get much for spencer long, but maybe?  He has played guard and center in the NFL and usually those types can be hard to come by. 

56 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Long will be the odd man out is my best guess.  I thought that even before this signing.

Yeah - He's 3rd string center - and he's going to be in a battle with bates.  Keeping bates saves you money, and neither likely sees the field this season.  Bates also likely takes some snaps at 2nd string center in camp since feliciano is starting RG.  

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Warms my heart to hear players are excited to be a part of ‘a great organization’! Of course I have PTSD from 2 decades of combat in the trenches following the team. But they’re finally offering us counseling and attitude adjustments. It’s like a miracle drug!

5A1A28AA-AF67-4868-B6B2-F143362E7132.jpeg

i'd drop tomlin down to 6th and slide everyone up

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/14/2020 at 8:24 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

Geez.  Can’t see a rookie OL making the roster.  Think you can cross off OL in the first 5 rounds of the draft.  

The Bills may well not find an immediate starter in this draft.  On offensive line I could see them drafting a tackle if they have any doubt that Cody Ford can make a significant improvement in his play or that Daryl Williams can give them an upgrade.  Otherwise it's hard to see them drafting offensive line.

On 4/14/2020 at 9:27 PM, In Summary said:

I want more outright commitment to the right tackle position.  I expect Ford to make a step this year, but I also sense that Bean has a certain stubborn belief in Ford the same way they did in Gore last year.  I want better than below-average starter quality across the whole line.  Arguably we're there barring the right side.   These depth signings are kind of "blah".

On 4/14/2020 at 9:38 PM, Simon said:

Yeah, that's probably my biggest issue with how this team is coming together.

You add a quality RT to this group and it suddenly makes you better at multiple positions up front.

Then go shopping down the TE aisle to pick up a legitimate NFL starter and you're ready to get cookin.

Simon, this is just a depth signing. Nothing more. Honestly, to me it looks like a fairly interesting depth signing as opposed to "just fill the post before camp starts". 

You guys are right, it isn't addressing other positions that need to be addressed.  It (plug your nose) is what it is. Judge it as that.  You can't possibly believe they did this INSTEAD of addressing the other needs, right?

It ain't prime rib today. It's a burger, or perhaps leftovers. Judge it on it based on what it is.

OK, I'm stoned.

• Like (+1) 2