What do the Bills need to do to get back into the first round?

BritBill

1 hour ago, TheBillsOrDie said:

I think we have our running back. It's been a long time but I don't know of any glaring needs. 

We have A running back.  Singletary is a nice player.  But he is small and not overly fast or explosive.  He is shifty and tough.  Getting one of the top RB's would really improve our offense.  If Dobbins, Swift or Taylor start falling in the 2nd round, Beane needs to grab one of them.  

We did NOT win the Super Bowl last year.  We went 10-6 against a pretty soft schedule.  Our roster is pretty good.  But we still need more offensive weapons to get to the next level.  Diggs is a big upgrade.  But I sincerely hope we add at least two potentially big time play makers in this draft at WR and RB.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, TheBillsOrDie said:

I think we have our running back. It's been a long time but I don't know of any glaring needs. 

Singletary is 45th in receiving and 31st in rushing.   That may be your running back.   Are you from Miami?

The math doesn't work. Can't do it.  We could get close by using the 2021 second round pick and our 2nd round pick.

4 hours ago, BritBill said:

Social restriction boredom had got to me tonight and I’ve just been thinking, what scenarios would need to happen the Bills to get back into the first round of the 2020 draft?

Anyone? 

They need commissioner replaced, have him re-investigate New England and take away their picks for next three years distributing them to other teams in AFC East with Buffalo naturally getting the 1st round pick this year (North Cuba next and New Jersey following).

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

They would have to trade their 2021 1st Rounder. 

Because #54 isn't high enough to package with 3rd/4th Rounders. 

Likely this. They could probably also give 54, 86 and next year’s 2nd.  It’s steep from 54 to get back in.  I can’t think of a player we’d want to package with picks to make it happen either.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

San Francisco has 2 ones and then a 5th. If they don't trade down at 13, 31 could be in play. It might work with 54, 86 and a 2nd next year. 

I wouldn't do it if I was Beane.

I would only consider trading real assets to get Chase Young or Isaiah Simmons- but I expect the cost to extremely high for either and therefore unrealistic. Since we have a solid starter at every position I prefer the idea of seeing who drops.

I don’t think this is the draft to take a chance and move up. Teams have way less info and the draft is a lot riskier this year. So risky that our brilliant GM traded away his lotto ticket for a sure thing.

if RB was not so deep, and there was more than one bona fide stud Edge I could see trading back if a RB we wanted or Edge we wanted were still there.  I see us trading up in the 2nd perhaps if only one of Swift, Dobbins, or Taylor, Akers or Helaire are there.  

8 hours ago, TheBillsOrDie said:

We have one of our RBs.  If you consider Yeldon a viable option than we have 2.  I think Yeldon can be our number 2......but not a good #2.  A jag with good receiving skills