Which running back do you hope the Bills draft and why?

Logic

8 hours ago, mob16151 said:

AJ Dillon big bruising, and while not supper fast, isn't a plodder either. 

Karlos Williams was supper fast.

And are there any charts like last year of the elusiveness rating of the RB's?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

If the Bills went down the veteran route for RB2 (Yeldon and/or a free agent), I wouldn't hate them spending a 7th on JaMycal Hasty from Baylor.

I think he's quicker than his timed speed. Nice route runner, decent hands. Probably a guy suited to being an RB3 or on the PS as a rookie. Let him work on his pass pro technique. Could be a nice little investment piece for the future.

JaMychal Hasty's who I've got also. I'd be VERY, VERY surprised if he fell to the 7th; I think he's a 3rd-4th rd prospect. 

He's just as small as Devin Singletary, good vision like Motor, but powerful and faster. That's just me. I'm cool if they take an RB in the 2nd, but if they don't, JaMychal Hasty's my pick if still available later.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

JaMychal Hasty's who I've got also. I'd be VERY, VERY surprised if he fell to the 7th; I think he's a 3rd-4th rd prospect. 

He's just as small as Devin Singletary, good vision like Motor, but powerful and faster. That's just me. I'm cool if they take an RB in the 2nd, but if they don't, JaMychal Hasty's my pick if still available later.

I did a bit of digging on where a few people had him ranked, most seem to see him as a PFA/UDFA type. Couple in the 5th/6th but he seems to be something of an afterthought to most.

If the idea to find a complementary piece to Singletary, I think he's better value than some other names touted.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Doc said:

Karlos Williams was supper fast.

And are there any charts like last year of the elusiveness rating of the RB's?

Here's last years:

sLQU8Ws.0.png

This years can be seen on the RB tab here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EGcKt-3OhHND7shQmY9LREGwBxtnUcFwQtQDz2U-3tk/edit#gid=123843325

Dillon is 10th out of 25.

• Thank you (+1) 3

I'm just going to drop in and say if we waited until rd6 or 7 and took Jason Huntley I wouldn't be upset at all. Smaller school, but that kid is a home run threat and potentially our new returner.

@thebandit27 @GunnerBill @DCOrange you guys had a chance to check him out? 7 ypc on over 150 attempts! Only 2 other players can claim that, Lynn Bowden, and Travis Etienne. 

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm just going to drop in and say if we waited until rd6 or 7 and took Jason Huntley I wouldn't be upset at all. Smaller school, but that kid is a home run threat and potentially our new returner.

@thebandit27 @GunnerBill @DCOrange you guys had a chance to check him out? 7 ypc on over 150 attempts! Only 2 other players can claim that, Lynn Bowden, and Travis Etienne. 

No not looked at him. Where is he out of? 

This is a good year for running backs.  A lot of acceptable player will be available late and a lot of very good players will be available early because of the depth.  Many people want to take the acceptable players.  You don't win agains the best teams with that attitude.

Funny.  If the guy is not as good as Singletary, he will carry the ball 5-7 times a game.  If he is better, then he will carry the ball 20+ times a game.  The better players will be better than Singletary, and people are afraid to stick their neck out and want the safe DE, CB or WR at  ,,,, wait, if they specify the position, isn't that a position of need?  Opps, not as long as it isn't running back, I guess. 

A third string DE, WR or CB will not be on the field that much and will NOT have the ball in his hands that many times a game.

So we can get maybe the 4th for 5th RB in the 2nd round, but people want to take the 7th or 8th RB in the third or the 10th+ RB in the fourth round.

Singletary was about 16th in rushing in the NFL (if you give him credit for the 4 games he missed).  A small guy running inside IS going to get dinged, but we want to ignore that.  He was in the 40's in RB pass receiving, but that is somebody else's fault.  The coach, the QB, the front office, maybe bookies in Vegas.  Well, don't suggest that the coaches made the right choice not to pass to him more (even though we had two #2 WR's and a slot guy)-  he is one of the best RB receivers in the league somehow.

Sorry, I like Singletary but I think he is the  complemetary piece and we should look for a improvement.   RB is the only position where we have not put several layers of veteran players to fight it out for the position.  We are going to get one of the top 5 guys and Swift is the only one who will be gone for sure.

Flame away.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

This is a good year for running backs.  A lot of acceptable player will be available late and a lot of very good players will be available early because of the depth.  Many people want to take the acceptable players.  You don't win agains the best teams with that attitude.

Funny.  If the guy is not as good as Singletary, he will carry the ball 5-7 times a game.  If he is better, then he will carry the ball 20+ times a game.  The better players will be better than Singletary, and people are afraid to stick their neck out and want the safe DE, CB or WR at  ,,,, wait, if they specify the position, isn't that a position of need?  Opps, not as long as it isn't running back, I guess. 

A third string DE, WR or CB will not be on the field that much and will NOT have the ball in his hands that many times a game.

So we can get maybe the 4th for 5th RB in the 2nd round, but people want to take the 7th or 8th RB in the third or the 10th+ RB in the fourth round.

Singletary was about 16th in rushing in the NFL (if you give him credit for the 4 games he missed).  A small guy running inside IS going to get dinged, but we want to ignore that.  He was in the 40's in RB pass receiving, but that is somebody else's fault.  The coach, the QB, the front office, maybe bookies in Vegas.  Well, don't suggest that the coaches made the right choice not to pass to him more (even though we had two #2 WR's and a slot guy)-  he is one of the best RB receivers in the league somehow.

Sorry, I like Singletary but I think he is the  complemetary piece and we should look for a improvement.   RB is the only position where we have not put several layers of veteran players to fight it out for the position.  We are going to get one of the top 5 guys and Swift is the only one who will be gone for sure.

Flame away.

Someone else will have to do the flaming. This is right on imo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I just want a trio like  Csonka kick and Morris, I don’t think that’s to much to ask...

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/14/2020 at 4:36 PM, DCOrange said:

Factoring in where you need to select them, I think I would probably rank them something like this:

1. Zack Moss - Arguably the same tier of prospect as the top guys, but you can theoretically get him in the 3rd round instead of the 2nd.
  2. Cam Akers - Same deal as Moss, but I like Moss better.
  3. D'Andre Swift - I don't really love any of the Day 3 RBs, so at this point, I'd come back to the potential Round 2 guys and Swift is my #1.
  4. JK Dobbins - Same deal as Swift but Dobbins is my #2.
  5. Clyde Edwards-Helaire - Same deal as the previous two but CEH is my #3.
  6. Lamical Perine - I think you can maybe get him in the 5th if you're lucky and I think he compliments Singletary nicely and could theoretically turn into a starter.
  7. Jonathan Taylor - I don't like him as much as the top 3 RBs and he'd cost the 2nd round pick also, so I have him slightly behind Perine in terms of which I would want.

Nice call.  I hope this is right.  I was sleeping on him because he was not top 5 most places.  Since he is now a Bill, I have learned that compared to JT he breaks more tackles, is more ball secure and is a better blocker and receiver in the passing game.  That's my kind of RB.  So the bolded statements seems to be in the astute category.  Seems like the 40 times for Moss and Epenesa counted way to much.   MathBomb RAS has Zack's Flying 20 top speed as 21.9 mph and Taylor at 22.4 mph.  I do like Zack's total package of skills more.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Nice call.  I hope this is right.  I was sleeping on him because he was not top 5 most places.  Since he is now a Bill, I have learned that compared to JT he breaks more tackles, is more ball secure and is a better blocker and receiver in the passing game.  That's my kind of RB.  So the bolded statements seems to be in the astute category.  Seems like the 40 times for Moss and Epenesa counted way to much.   MathBomb RAS has Zack's Flying 20 top speed as 21.9 mph and Taylor at 22.4 mph.  I do like Zack's total package of skills more.

The draft also dropped Devin's draft stock.  As a pair, they should be dynamic.

• Like (+1) 2