Which running back do you hope the Bills draft and why?

Logic

13 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Taylor runs a 4.39 forty...whereas Singletary ran a 4.66 forty.

If you ask me, Taylor has that homerun ability much more than Singletary does.

AJ Dillon is my second choice, because he is a perfect complement to Singletary if you want a RB committee.

I agree, Taylor has more speed. But Taylor also doesn’t have the ability to make people miss at the LOS like Singletary. It’s give and take.

Not a fan of Dillion. Has zero ability to make anyone miss at the NFL level. Sure he can run through some arm tackles in college but that won’t happen in the league. I just think the game will be to fast for him and he’ll struggle. 5th round guy imo.

My top RBs:

CEH (2)

Swift (2)

Taylor (2)

Dobbins (2)

Akers (3)

McFarland (3-4)

Darrynton Evans (3-4)

Moss (3-4)

Kelley (4)

Gibson (4-5)

I’ll be watching the draft and see how these guys come off the board and how close I am.

Singletary is very good back.  Buffalo needs a other good back.  Whether its Edwards-Helaire, Moss, Swift, Taylor, or Dobbins.  Height/weight doesnt really matter to me.  Get another 3 down back and make the offense less predictable when Singletary is out of the game.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Not sure if it's a hot take or not, but my guess is Edwards-Helaire won't be available at 54.

Jacobs was the only first rd back last year.  Edwards Helaire is better imo.  If he slips I think Buffalo would trade up for him.  He is very similar to Singletray.  They can bascilly switch em without missing a beat.  

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

McDermott didn't trust Yeldon when it was obvious that Gore was running in cement shoes down the stretch.

Now you think McDermott will trust Yeldon to be the main backup for an entire season?

You are dreaming.

If one of the top 5 RB's in this draft are there when the Bills pick at 54, I will almost bet anything they are taking a RB.

McDermott's personnel decisions haven't always been the best. 

He barely gave Singletary the ball until mid November last year despite him obviously being the best back on the roster. 

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

He barely gave Singletary the ball until mid November last year despite him obviously being the best back on the roster. 

I can buy that McDermott's decisions on the RB position have been rather shaky.

But I don't know if it's his call or Daboll's call as to who actually gets the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, noacls said:

I would like to see your list if you dont mind. 

Thanks

DeVonta Freeman

Thurman Thomas (of course)

Joe Morris

Ernest Byner

Emmitt Smith (of course)

Travis Henry (when he wasn't making babies)

Phillip Lindsay

Get my point?

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

motor missed 3 or 4 games due to the hamstring injury early in the season. Probably took him until November to get back up to speed. Now, if you ask me why they kept feeding Gore the ball when he was clearly done, i have no fkn clue.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing it's unusual for a team to draft a RB in the first three rounds two years in a row.  I don't think Beane will trade up for or reach for a RB in the 2nd or 3rd.  Maybe will take one if one high on their radar slips to them.  There's a lot of FA RB's still out there and we still have Yeldon.  Plus, who knows what they think of Wade.  I would love if they drafted Dobbins in the 2nd round though if he somehow slips.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I could be wrong but I'm guessing it's unusual for a team to draft a RB in the first three rounds two years in a row.  I don't think Beane will trade up for or reach for a RB in the 2nd or 3rd.  Maybe will take one if one high on their radar slips to them.  There's a lot of FA RB's still out there and we still have Yeldon.  Plus, who knows what they think of Wade.  I would love if they drafted Dobbins in the 2nd round though if he somehow slips.

Yes, that is a good point, it is quite rare. All I can think of is Patriots took Sony Michel round 1 in 2018 and then Damien Harris in round 3 last year, just before we took Dawson Knox hehe. 

The Rams took Darrell Henderson in round 3 last year and I could see them going RB early again this year. They’ve been heavily scouting RBs.

Gotta just trust the Bills’ RB scouting after stealing Singletary last year, I have faith we’ll get an upgrade at RB2 and Yeldon will be riding the pine again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The Panthers drafted DeAngelo Williams in the first round and two years later Jonathan Stewart in the first round.

Little more drastic than two 3rd round running backs back-to-back years

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

DeVonta Freeman

Thurman Thomas (of course)

Joe Morris

Ernest Byner

Emmitt Smith (of course)

Travis Henry (when he wasn't making babies)

Phillip Lindsay

Get my point?

Not really. I will give you Freeman and Morris but the rest are not comparable.  Speed wise: Thomas 4.47, Smith 4.52, Lindsay 4.39 all much faster. Byner and Henry much bigger at 215+ and Emmit was 220+

Singletary because of size and speed is nothing more than a complimentary back. Injuries will be a problem for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, noacls said:

Not really. I will give you Freeman and Morris but the rest are not comparable.  Speed wise: Thomas 4.47, Smith 4.52, Lindsay 4.39 all much faster. Byner and Henry much bigger at 215+ and Emmit was 220+

Singletary because of size and speed is nothing more than a complimentary back. Injuries will be a problem for him. 

He had one hammy injury and it was a non-contact injury. He handled contact pretty darn well to me.

Plus, he played 38 games in his three years at FAU. So, I don't know where you get that injuries are a problem.

DS is better than you are giving him credit for, but the Bills need a RB2 they can trust, unless by some miracle they now trust Yeldon.

13 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

Another small and slow RB? Ugh.

you obviously haven't watched him, he's not small just short , kid is a beast and one of the hardest runners in the draft, best vision, lateral quickness and pass catcher. He would start over Singletary.

20 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Notice at 7:36 and a bit later, he meets Digg's younger brother.  Guess who got the better of it.

the Glyde

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Finding a guy who can carry the ball 5-6 times a game is definitely not a priority in my eyes. 

I can see that and your rationale is not without merit. But that guy can't be Yeldon. Giving him carries are wasted plays. I can take the argument they should hold off until day 3 of the draft but they need to find a better #2 back that Yeldon because while he has some value as a pass catcher he sucks as a running back.

• Like (+1) 2