Sign in to follow this  
JR in Pittsburgh

Antoine Winfield Jr (safety)— potential pick?

Let me preface this with I have no real knowledge of anything related to the draft beyond maybe the top handful of prospects. 

I just stumbled upon a mock draft that had Antoine Winfield, Jr. going to a team right around the Bills’ second round pick. First off, I had no idea that AW’s son is an NFL prospect. Second, I am now feeling old. Third, any chance we take him?

He seems like a great player and great kid, and it would be awesome to have AW jr. as a Bill!! 

One other thing— I thought the quote by AW Sr. In the below article was interesting. Talked about how he took his game to another level when he went to Minnesota. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/29011535/antoine-winfield-jr-unique-2020-nfl-draft-path-5-foot-9-first-round-bloodlines

I do believe they met with him and I do think they are looking for a third safety upgrade

Posted (edited)

His Dad was one of my favorite Bills ever.  

I don’t see safety as a pressing need unless they are looking to cut cost at the position next year, but Winfield could be in the conversation in the 2nd.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1

if he tackles like his dad did we can certainly use him somewhere

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

if he tackles like his dad did we can certainly use him somewhere

He does.  He also played some CB at Minnesota if I remember correctly, so has extra versatility.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Let me preface this with I have no real knowledge of anything related to the draft beyond maybe the top handful of prospects. 

I just stumbled upon a mock draft that had Antoine Winfield, Jr. going to a team right around the Bills’ second round pick. First off, I had no idea that AW’s son is an NFL prospect. Second, I am now feeling old. Third, any chance we take him?

He seems like a great player and great kid, and it would be awesome to have AW jr. as a Bill!! 

One other thing— I thought the quote by AW Sr. In the below article was interesting. Talked about how he took his game to another level when he went to Minnesota. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/29011535/antoine-winfield-jr-unique-2020-nfl-draft-path-5-foot-9-first-round-bloodlines

Usually hate safety picks but this would be one I would fully endorse!

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

His Dad was one of my favorite Bills ever.  

I don’t see safety as a pressing need unless they are looking to cut cost at the position next year, but Winfield could be in the conversation in the 2nd.

from what I read, he doubles as a Safety and nickel CB— so would provide a lot of flexibility and depth. 

I will say that when I watch the games, I am always terrified of Hyde or Poyer getting injured (and White too). But the safeties really hold our entire defense together. 

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

We have to take him. He's a legacy.

1964475306-l.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think everyone going to revolt when we draft Winfield Jr and Diggs brother.

You know McDermott has his eye on him. I'm all for it. Hyde and Poyer are both pushing 30. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Billl said:

Would be great value if he’s still there.

Yup. Dude just knows how to play safety.  I doubt he makes it to 54, but he has had some injury issues so you never know. 

18 hours ago, Mr. K said:

I think everyone going to revolt when we draft Winfield Jr and Diggs brother.

Neither is likely to be available. 

10 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I made this same post and was killed for it.  

You type well for a dead guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I made this same post and was killed for it.  

Join the club maybe it was just in your delivery or it was that time of the month for some on the board !! 😂